Tide Ride & Gold Skoal

Ian

Finished these two this morning:

wyQGWd9.jpg

The 'gold' one is Revells' 1999 (slab-side) Chevy Monte Carlo built almost straight from the box, I lowered the ride-height about 1.5mm as I do with all my NASCAR builds. The decals are from Powerslide, printed by Cartograf these decals are just about the best for automotive modellers transfers available. Perfect register no translucence at all. The 'orange' one is again a Revell kit and again built as it comes except for the ride-height. It's the 2000/03 Ford Taurus, this time with JWTBM decals. Both models are painted with Tamiya acrylics, both aerosol - straight from the rattle-can - & jar colours.

1999 Skoal Chevy Monte Carlo driven by Ken Schraeder. Raced in these colours in just four races in the '99 season - there were also a metallic green, metallic blue and (usual) metallic green schemes. AFAIK these four beautiful schemes were used because this was Skoal's last NASCAR Winston Cup season - I believe they have returned in recent years, but I'm not certain.

6h3FjJC.jpg

FRzpdsc.jpg

Tho0Zza.jpg

NaX1T7v.jpg

2001 Tide Ford Taurus driven by Ricky Craven. Regular racing colours (there were specials), one of the brightest and most recognised liveries in all of NASCAR.

eNbkHS2.jpg

YvcWsTk.jpg

wr9ub2S.jpg

yIX0UCx.jpg

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment. Please feel free to make any criticism or ask any questions. Already on with my next two car projects (the Porsche 911 GT1 & LaFerrari), and well in to planning for my next NASCAR build.

AFN

Ian.

• Like 7

Thanks Keith, knew you'd enjoy them - no here's a thing... there's  already two more on the bench this evening, and one of them will be wearing one of  'your' decals... I'll not do a progress thread here because from experience I know NASCAR builds don't really get much interest, however I'll probably put a thread on another Forum - if you want to follow, I'll PM you the link when I start it.

Ian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I'll PM you the link when I start it.

Please do Ian! The first on line forum i ever joined was a NASCAR one - I noticed most users had their favourite car number in the user name - hence the 22 for the Caterpillar car in mine!! Kept it ever since :D

Keith

• 4 months later...