Danton, Hobby Boss, 1:350

Hello again :)

This new project is more to my liking than the last one :) I prefer the time up to Washington treaty in shipbuilding. Great thanks to HB for diving into that era lately, please keep them coming. Unlike my last build this one is going to be a bit more advanced. Ze German destroyer was just slap together and paint, here we'll have more fun. :) For now just the first cuts, with Sophie looking over my workers, Fluffy, the bugger, went missing, so she's not a happy camper and introduced quite harsh regime in the shipyard :wink: 

37671186016_7c6c9ff671_o.jpg

37719326051_0451611568_o.jpg

Thanks for following

• Like 8

Looking forward to following your build Mike.

There is something about these ships that do make them a tempting alternative to the more conventional types. I'm pretty certain that Jules Verne had a hand in the design of some of these.

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the interest ;) At the moment I'm drilling, sawing, hacking and so on ;) 

Beefy Lord Nelson is already in the queue :) 

Bugle, if you're undecided have a look at this:

37734557961_65b6b1e366_o.jpg

CO2 emission norms AD 1911, no Cat and no DPF ;)

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Bonkers!

She does look like the front half of two ships stuck together!

Very impressive, although I bet anyone on the main mast ended up looking worse then the stokers!

Geoff 

• Like 1

If someone said 10 years ago that a mainstream plastic kit manufacturer was going to release a French semi-dreadnought in 1/350 you'd have laughed at them! Look forward to see how this kit goes together. I am working on the Trumpeter Tsesarevich, and apart from a few errors that derived from trying to make different 'variants' from the same boxing, it is a very fine kit. 

Will

• Like 1

Tsesarevich is in the queue as well :) I want to depict it in Tsingtao, with the battle damage.... Share some photos of the progress, I'm quite interested in it for obvious reasons :) 

Edited by Michael M

On 20/10/2017 at 9:39 PM, Michael M said:

Tsesarevich is in the queue as well :) I want to depict it in Tsingtao, with the battle damage.... Share some photos of the progress, I'm quite interested in it for obvious reasons :) 

I don't have much to show for my efforts, so far I am still hull detailing- opening up some of those typically French shuttered window openings. I have also reinstated the sheet steel bulwark right around the stern as this was a feature of her when first commissioned.

There are some good pictures of the ship here, including extensive photos of her laid up damaged in Qingdao.

http://tsushima.su/RU/shipsru/shipsrussiaru/shipsrussiabronru/shipsrussiabronebrru/tsesarevichru/tsesarevichphotoru/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...