On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, Tony Oliver said:

Yeah its a clear varnish billed as a substitute for klear/floor polish type coatings. Similar to aquagloss. 

AK also do a thicker gauzy product in a tub to dip clear parts. 

However be warned, is doesn’t like being sanded according to @Mike

and also doesn’t go on top of decals too well. Seems to shrink away from itself and crack/craze when ontop of smooth decals. Like it cant hold on? I’m not the only one to discover this, see here 

Its still great for a pre decal gloss coat or protecting an NMF or metallic painted bits before an enamel wash as acrylic NMF’s can be quite fragile 👍🏿

Hope that helps Ian. 

Thanks Tony. Useful info.

Good WIP too - suitably inspired I have two 262s whistling their way to me, plus a set of Xtradecals.

New blade in the knife - all ready to go! B)

Ian

• Thanks 1

On 17/10/2017 at 13:36, IanC said:

Thanks Tony. Useful info.

Good WIP too - suitably inspired I have two 262s whistling their way to me, plus a set of Xtradecals.

New blade in the knife - all ready to go! B)

Ian

Glad to be of help pal 👍🏿

• 2 months later...

Your 262 looks great!:penguin:

Such a real pity that Airfix botched the kit by omitting the vent detail on the rear of the engine nacelles.  It's not a kit that I would bother to purchase as it would have been correct engine nacelles that would have persuaded me to buy it in the first place.

No point in trading off one kit's engine nacelle problems for another's (both Revell and Hasegawa have issues in this area although nothing as blatantly obvious as omitting the vent details). :(

• Thanks 1

On 25/12/2017 at 03:38, Wm Blecky said:

Your 262 looks great!:penguin:

Such a real pity that Airfix botched the kit by omitting the vent detail on the rear of the engine nacelles.  It's not a kit that I would bother to purchase as it would have been correct engine nacelles that would have persuaded me to buy it in the first place.

No point in trading off one kit's engine nacelle problems for another's (both Revell and Hasegawa have issues in this area although nothing as blatantly obvious as omitting the vent details). :(

Thanks. I may use some dark grey decal triangles on future builds. 

On 25/12/2017 at 05:58, Crossiant Oliver said:

I give you the "I can't believe it's  not a bigger scale" award. Also what colors did you use?

The paints are in the first pic! 

However if not clear enough its sovereign colourcoats 81/82 over 76. With 02 & 66 in wells and pit. 

Cheers, Tony

3 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Thanks. I may use some dark grey decal triangles on future builds. 

The paints are in the first pic! 

However if not clear enough its sovereign colourcoats 81/82 over 76. With 02 & 66 in wells and pit. 

Cheers, Tony

Good to know, I just got one myself under the Christmas tree!

• 2 years later...