Airfix Bomber Supply Set BSA and diorama

This is the two part BSA motorcycle with spokes.. and the three vehicles and Blenheim IV..

z3OBbGU.jpg

iTN8Zwk.jpg

6Ic1TdY.jpg

wTXuiw6.jpg

mrCFmtq.jpg

Edited by Slywolff
  • Like 17

They all look great, the vehicles and aircraft are all very well weathered. 

I apologise in advance for pointing out errors, however you have unfortunately placed the Blenheim's starboard side codes incorrectly.

This Blenheim IV belonged to 139 Squadron and served during the winter of 1939-40.

No. 139 Squadron used the two letter code combination XD, so the starboard side codes should have the XD together either before or aft of the roundel.

The letter E was the individual aircraft's letter, therefore other Blenheims of the same squadron would have been coded XD:A, XD:B, XD:C etc.. (these are example codes only).

Either way you've done a splendid job with this diorama. 

Cheers.. Dave.      

Hi Jim and Dave,

Not sure if I am replying in the right field... I don't er come here often! :-) But thanks for posting comments and Dave thanks for pointing out my error... bugger... how annoying I didn't do my research, suspect I was getting impatient towards the end!!

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

I would love it if Tamiya would begin to produce a WWII BSA motorcycle and a WWII Harley Davidson motorcycle in 1/ 48 scale .... I'm willing to bet that they would be big sellers for sure.                 Bob H.