UK WW2 photo collection

72modeler

Howdy, troops!

As usual, while looking for something else entirely, I found this really good photo collection of assorted U.S. and RAF aircraft; many are probably familiar, but many are new to me, and several of the oft-seen ones are in a much larger and sharper format. I hope you enjoy them!

Mike

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?start=60&finish=15&name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=14429

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Howdy, troops!

As usual, while looking for something else entirely, I found this really good photo collection of assorted U.S. and RAF aircraft; many are probably familiar, but many are new to me, and several of the oft-seen ones are in a much larger and sharper format. I hope you enjoy them!

Mike

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?start=60&finish=15&name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=14429

Thanks for that post, Mike. There are some wonderful photographs there. Too many for a quick look so it's bookmarked for the future.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting! Some nice photography there.

Not sure about that "Hurricane training Trinidad" photo though. Don't think it's a Hurricane somehow.

Best regards;

Steve

Yes, that's a Proctor.

There will always be a few quibbles about captions and the reader gets to feel good about himself when he catches an error.  But the pictures don't lie and many are better copies than I presently have in my files.  I am glad to see them.  Right click. Replace. Repeat.

Did anyone spot General Eisenhower?  And who's the pretty teenager with the King and Queen?

• Like 1