Ok I’ve been asked to post these by a fellow member. This is Academy’s T-33. I built this kit when i first got back into the hobby in 2014. Its not the best work still needs harness’s but I figured why not show it. I built the kit to represent a generic S.A.C. Hack aircraft circa late ‘60’s or early ‘70’s. Hope you like it. T3VPPzu.jpg

jmpiS60.jpg

CEBje6n.jpg

7QFCVBp.jpg

F3OGNgS.jpg

olFMkrc.jpg

7Ap41SQ.jpg

The only real problem i found was the lower rear fuselage. The wing to Fuselage joint and the seams were a bit troublesome. The Decals from academy just vaporised when they came into contact with water. So I pulled a hodgepodge of decals from my files and came up with this scheme. Most of the decals are monogram from the F-80 kit and The original Pro-modeler F-86D kit. The SAC Band and Badge came from an old Microscale F-84 thunderstreak sheet from the 80’s. Its good enough for my tastes And its not perfect by any shake of the stick. But comments ...questions ?

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 13

Most unfair, mate! More than a 100 views and no comments. Well, from me take the praise and admiration. A nice build of a very important machine in aviation history..... 

Martin

PS: I should be upfront and say that I'm about to launch a trio (initially) of Shooting Stars for the collective's review. ;)

• Thanks 1

Nice looking T-33. I ran into the same fit issues you did when I built mine, including the poor fitting tailplane. I almost binned mine three times. The wheel wells interfered with the wings, so I sanded the wells really thin. Then the wing roots ended up not having enough depth to match the fuselage. The join broke twice and I ended up with the wings askew.

Once I reduce my stash I'll try the GWH one, it's much better. I'll build a CT-133.

• Like 1

Wlad Thank you for the kind words ... looking forward to seeing your work soon. That being said im sorry you had such problems with yours. Im not an expert but i think GWH might have cloned this kit and then done some improvements. From the couple i have seen it doesnt look much different, but the added a better pit, air brakes, and might reall have improved the design overall. Hope it works better for you. 

12 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Jets don't usually catch my interest, but just occasionally I come across one in RFI That is an exception. This is certainly one. Nice job Corsairfox.:thumbsup2:

Very much appreciated Vinnie 👍

Thank you Wlad, Thank you RidgeRunner 👍

And A big thank you to everyone else as well !

On 15/10/2017 at 04:14, Wlad said:

Once I reduce my stash I'll try the GWH one, it's much better. I'll build a CT-133.

I gotta ask... who's GWH?

Wlad, if you want a single seater F80 version, You could try the Hobbyboss 1/48 kit. I really enjoyed my build, and I don't recall any big issues with the fit.

Fox4, just had another look and I like it better each time.

Good save with the decals situation - you've made me nervous about my set now!

• Like 1

GWH = Great Wall Hobbies. Yeah i still have most of that decal set. My situation may have been unique Rob. My decals sat in storage for 11 years before i used them. For a small period of that time in what was less than desirable storage. You could try one of the korean or Luftwaffe decals as a test with your set.  

5 hours ago, Wlad said:

. Not a fan of the F-80, funny enough, and the Hobbyboss one has shape issues.

Just comparing mine with the T33 I'm building, same as this one -

It does look a little bit bloated or "inflated" around the intakes and mid -fuselage.

Is that what you're referring, or something more?

@Winenut ..The hiatus was just short of 10 years. “SWMBO” got me back into modeling. The idea being to clear out my old stash to make more storage room. 😂 sadly she’s created a modeling monster. I’ve taken over the office/guest room. The storage space i was supposed to make building my old stash, is now occupied by the same kits in storage bins. 

• Like 1