On Tornado munitions...

Slater

Tornado uses the No 55 "MACE" lug system. As I understand it, No 55 Mk 2 (red) is for Paveway II, No 55 Mk 3 (black) is for Paveway IV, and there are one or two other flavors as well. Are the lugs physically different is some way or is there some other reason for the different colors?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can I just put a warning in here that if anyone in here has any technical information to give OP, that they make sure that it isn't going to get them in trouble for breaching any secrecy acts etc.  You don't want the men in suits knocking on your door to take you down pokey, do you? :ninja:

On 14/10/2017 at 00:38, Slater said:

Tornado uses the No 55 "MACE" lug system. As I understand it, No 55 Mk 2 (red) is for Paveway II, No 55 Mk 3 (black) is for Paveway IV, and there are one or two other flavors as well. Are the lugs physically different is some way or is there some other reason for the different colors?

You probably couldn't even tell the differences from any more than a few feet away, so at scale distances, it's probably just the colour that's of interest, especially at smaller scales :)

5 hours ago, Mike said:

You probably couldn't even tell the differences from any more than a few feet away, so at scale distances, it's probably just the colour that's of interest, especially at smaller scales :)

One wouldn't even see the colour on a model.  A MACE lug is totally hidden when the munition is fitted to the pylon.