Pleased to say, I've got some improvement on the canopy.

IMG_20171118_162941

I removed the crossbar and a little connection hose that I'd made that went down behind the rear seat.

I have an old canopy from a Lindberg kit...(don't ask...!) that I tried 2000 grit paper on. To convince myself that it doesn't spell the end for a transparency!

Then I tried the real thing.

And the polishing/ rubbing compound.

Even a little bit of physical removal around the blobby build up at the front.

Then another round, and the outside as well.

IMG_20171118_163507

I need to refill the edges and refit, but it's in a much happier place than yesterday, and so am I!

Much thanks goes out for the advice and support!!

IMG_20171118_162921

Woohoo👍

• Like 3

Getting pretty well up to where I'm supposed to be!

IMG_20171121_214835

I'm going to leave well alone on the canopy, for now anyway.

I quite like my little red connection hose thing, and I lightened up those blue straps on the front seat.

Glued the flap back on!

And the port main leg cover...!

Refitted the front wheel after it took the stub-axle off...!! Drilled out and new axle....

Funny ole cuppla days, really.

IMG_20171121_215041

IMG_20171121_215001

I can see now, the faults in the shape of the F80 single seater comparing with this one - looks quite bloated or inflated. Obviously a completely different tooling.

Had a message through from my club-mate Steven, who attended a model show on Sunday.

He has only gone and got me what I was really fancying....

A Lockheed Constellation!

MATS decor, in1/144 scale.

Can't wait to get ahold of the box and have a look in...!

Edited by rob Lyttle
  • Like 1

The chance of getting some good daylight/ sunny photos done is pretty remote right now, and I gotta admit my attention has drifted a bit!

I won't collect the Constellation until next week meeting, and casting around for something for my idle hands, I lit upon the Red Arrows Hawk in1/32 that I picked up for £5 at a show.

The idea was to set about the cockpit, as a little project in its own right....

Well, it's the same old story 

And I'm afraid it wasn't too long,

'For we'd fallen deeply in love,

And I knew it was wrong....."😂

Some great builds and photo reference pics on here!

I'm afraid the access ladder for the T33 is gonna have to wait!

I had been thinking about the glossy black version as used by the RAF and the Navy on the Hawks, but I'm starting to warm to the idea of a scarlet airframe!

Whether I shelve the project once I get my hands on a Connie, well that remains to be seen.

It will be a spray can job whatever the colour scheme, and that doesn't usually go too well in cold shed conditions.

So I may come to a natural break in the proceedings waiting for spraying conditions.

Hey Rob ... I rattlecanned for three yrs since coming back to modelling. I found that 60* Fahrenheit about 16* celsius or better would be ok to rattlecan. Below that the paint and plastic were too cold to get proper adhesion. I tried heating the can in warm water but its really tricky. The water has to be warm enough to get the paint flowing. Yet not to hot to seperate the chemical bond in the paint. Ask me how i know that little gem 🤬. I have an airbrush now and a paint booth in the house now. but still have to rattlecan some colors due to $ issues. I cant just throw away 40 cans of paint and decanting was a disaster. Ask me about that little gem 🤬. Wish you luck 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1