Kawasaki Ki-48-1 `Lily`, Burma, 1942

Hi everyone,

Just found time, so I hope you don`t mind seeing some shots of my latest effort

o6GFTWj.jpg

My attempt at AZ`s 1/48 `Lily`

TTiCYz3.jpg

Finished to represent an aircraft of: 8th Sentai, 3rd Chutai, Burma, 1942 

7Kj5YnU.jpg

Built mostly from the box contents except for the nose gun barrel which I lost somewhere along the road

pZ4Q4gq.jpg

Added ignition harness from wire, aerials, seat belts and.................

40wvzuW.jpg

pitot tube.

mFaxk0p.jpg

Wasn`t too bad a build, a big improvement over their Vengeance which was the last one of theirs I tried.

6bhESNU.jpg

Hope you enjoy,thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 47

4 hours ago, JWM said:

Nice both! Is Lily an old Maniya kit?

Cheers

J-W

Hi J-W, I don`t think so, as far as I`m aware it`s their own 

27 minutes ago, Zigomar said:

Nice job on her Russ but what a pity they missed the nose!

Hi Jean, it`s actually the one with the improved nose glazing, it looks a bit better but not 100% still

3 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Superb Russ....you are arf knocking em out, how do you do it?

Easy, I don`t watch TV, continental shifts helps too :smile:

I normally have two or three on the go at the same time, in different stages of assy` for when I paint my self into a corner, which happens quite a bit.

Glad you like it. 

• Like 1

Great job Russ on both! I really like your weathering, restrained but there, and your choice of subjects. 

I heard the Vengeance was a bear in general but is there anything you can pass along in particular.

Thanks!

All the Best!

Dom

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJJunis said:

Great job Russ on both! I really like your weathering, restrained but there, and your choice of subjects. 

I heard the Vengeance was a bear in general but is there anything you can pass along in particular.

Thanks!

All the Best!

Dom

Cheers Dom, the main problem I had was the fuselage halves didn`t match up either lengthwise or heightwise, the canopy sat very high ( I sanded about 2mm off mine ) and the exhausts were a nightmare ( the kit ones are rattling around inside the fuselage ).

Apart from that, the usual limited run kit fit and instructions apply.

- Hi Russ,

- I didn't knew AZ had issued a kit  version with a modified nose glazing, I have the first one in my stash but I think I won't built it owing to this nose unless I should find an A.M vacu correct set but I'm not sure there is one available. Your Lily is a testimony of your skill  in building and painting

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ian said:

One of your best Russ. Love that hint of overlap on the camo - not sure if was accident or design but it looks fantastic.

Ian.

Cheers Ian, the camo` has a thin blue line at the demarcation of the brown and green

3 hours ago, russ c said:

Cheers Ian, the camo` has a thin blue line at the demarcation of the brown and green

Indeed, but somhow it is not seen if you look first time. You see that borders are a bit stronger but colour change is not obvious. Perheps this is a question of light at the photos...

I think that idea of this camo is rice fields, with water reflecting blue sky on the borders of field. I did my Ki-15 with this kind of camo and I've seen also Ki-21 with such blue demarcations.

Cheers

J-W

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Indeed, but somhow it is not seen if you look first time. You see that borders are a bit stronger but colour change is not obvious. Perheps this is a question of light at the photos...

I think that idea of this camo is rice fields, with water reflecting blue sky on the borders of field. I did my Ki-15 with this kind of camo and I've seen also Ki-21 with such blue demarcations.

Cheers

J-W

That's correct and it mentioned in the old Thorpe book on the JAAF camos. A very nice interpretation indeed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zigomar said:

That's correct and it mentioned in the old Thorpe book on the JAAF camos. 

Really? - because it was only my speculation...

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM