New 1/48th Scale Blenheim Announced by Airfix!!

tonyot

Hiya Folks,

I have attached a link to Airfix which shows their announcement of a new 48th scale Blenheim, starting with the Mk.If variant;

M_A09186_New_Airfix_Bristol_Blenheim_MklF_on_Airfix_Workbench.JPG

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/workbench/exclusive-2018-new-tooling-announcement?utm_campaign=1920154_Airfix - WorkBench Bristol Blenheim 2018 announcement - Week 28 2017&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Hornby PLC&_%24ja=tsid%3A71284&dm_i=2DJZ,155LM,22ZSMH,3IU5J,1

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

You beat me to it, Tony.  Just saw this myself.  MkIf with fuselage bomb racks.  This is definitely going on my "must have" list of wants. 

I truly hope they fix the problem with the upper wing nacelle fairing on the 1/48 kit.  The fact that they used the Finnish example in the research bodes well, and the initial CAD shots also look promising.  I'm not seeing the more humped appearance associated with the Bolingbroke.  Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Edited by mhaselden

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Super... I'm very happy about this ^_^  The Mk.I is the one I want too, so it's all good in the hood :thumbsup:

Mike, you and I are of one mind on this.  Simply delighted to see this release.

BTW, just sent an email to Airfix asking about the blast plate and providing about 8 images showing it installed on both MkI and MkIV airframes.  Hopefully they'll listen and add it to the kit because it's an awkward component to scratch build (at least it would be for me!).

• Like 1

Just now, mhaselden said:

Mike, you and I are of one mind on this.

^_^ I think we'll be sharing that mind with a lot of modellers TBH mark ;)

1 minute ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

And they have the scallops behind the gun turret too

:eat:

1 minute ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

Saw this on FB too. OH YES, OH YES, OH YES!!!!

And they have the scallops behind the gun turret too - nice work chaps.

Jonners

Amen Brother Jonners.  Like you, I went to the gun turret area.  Glad to see the scallops in place because they're awkward to build.  It also seems like the gunner's hatch is a separate component which means it can be posed open to show off all the lovely interior detail. 

• Like 1