Hurricane Mk I in Asia?

Ranger626

Did any Hurricane Mk. I aircraft serve in the early years of the Pacific War?    Singapore?  Java?  India?      I can find lots of references to Hurricane IIb use, but none for the Mk. I.   Are there any published or on-line profiles or decal sheets?   Thank you.  

During the Indian Ocean Raid in April of 1942, Ceylon-based 258 Squadron still had seven Hurricane Is along with their ten IIbs. According to the ORB, on 20 May they received permission to officially write off three Hurricane Is and six Hurricane IIs lost in action on 5 April 1942 against the Japanese, though by May 1 their strength had risen to 20 Hurricane IIs and five Is. By October of that year, strength was 20 IIs and two Is. 

• Like 1

Aside from the Ceylon based Mark IIbs, the RAAF operated a single Mark 1 Trop (V7476, A60-1) for trials and in a Communications Unit throughout the war. Never saw action and was not a Singapore survivor as some references indicate as it arrived in Australia in mid-1941.

I understand that all the British and Dutch Hurricanes in Singapore, Sumatra and Java were all Mark IIbs.

• Like 2