A pair of Fokkers ; 72nd scale

Hello folks , these are the 72nd scale kits from roden with trademark poor fit and decals .  I rather foolishly used the roden lozenze decals and they proved difficult to work with ! I left off the underwing lozenze for the D.VII 

36807323214_53432875ee_b.jpg

36807323334_488c18998e_b.jpg

37255115810_992c6f6fdc_b.jpg36803146914_eecd8e42ea_b.jpg

Regards ,
Basu Roy

• Like 29

Rodens kits started out well, but went by the way side.  Their decals have never been that good.  Thank goodness for aftermarket.  Great builds BTW...I have built a lot of their WW1 kits, and you are right.  Poor fit and poor decals on most of them. JMO

• Like 2

Nicely done with some iffy kits...I have built many of these Roden kits and they all suffer, regardless of the aircraft.  Loon Models has a resin kit fix for the DVII, by the way, which fixes the lower wing issue and the undercarriage aileron.  I only use aftermarket decals...there are so many good ones to choose from.

Regarding the Fokker E VIII...the Flying Razor...I have found it is the least buildable of the Roden Fokker series.  The large and heavy wing is too much for the flimsy struts and undercarriage and the decals...?  Terrible...

You, on the other hand seem to have done what few can...make this into a fine little model that fits neatly in the palm of your hand.

Well done indeed!  After my Matchbox GB is done, I'll get back into WW1 birds...

Edited by John D.C. Masters
  • Like 1

The Roden D.VII is a miserable kit to build -- the lower wing is manifestly too narrow to fit to the fuselage properly without immense sanding, as I'm sure you know. You've done a great job here.

• Like 1