TOOTHBRUSH DETAIL SANDER

Redcoat2966

Hello all

New to the forum and still learning the ropes of the site etc. But I wanted to post this little tip on a tool that I came up with, in the hopes someone finds it as useful as myself. Not sure if anyone else has heard of it or has done one but it does come in handy for tight sanding jobs etc.

I use to do the in-store retail advertising for Oral B a few years back and had a few samples (still working my way through the 200+ brush heads I picked up...:smile:

Anyway, I tried to post some pics of a recent version I did for the new modelling I am now able to do now, (uninterrupted...I hope), but couldn't. So I posted them on Imagur (link below).

You start by picking yourself up a second hand rechargeable off Ebay, or if you have an old one use that. Here is the link of some pics on the simple sander and how to put one together.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/uM9YU"><a href="//imgur.com/uM9YU">TOOTHBRUSH SANDER</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Any questions, let me know.

Regards

Simon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks bhouse

I would recommend also that as you change your heads ( if u use electric toothbrush) you can have a set of heads with different grades so you can use as u need for different surfaces

Edited by LONGSHANKS2966

What a splendid idea - beats brushing your teeth twice a day! 

I also conquer with Steve, metal thumbtacks are rarely seen in this part of the world - perhaps we've already banned them? 

Cheers and thanks for the tip.. Dave 

Hi guy’s

I didn’t know you don’t get them in the UK. I did live in ‘New York since 95 and came back recently. Sounds like I made a good decision throwing a couple of boxes of metal thumb tacks.   Maybe you could get them on EBay. Have to think of an alternative. I suppose a simple piece of plastic rod in the same diameter.

Glad you liked the idea. Probably the smallest orbital you’ll find....🤓

Simon

• Like 1