USS Independence CVL-22 Revell 1/700

Well, I'm calling this finished. This is the Revell boxing of the Dragon USS Independence CVL-22. This has been hanging around for many years waiting the opportunity to get it finished.

No major modifications were done to the basic kit except for etched details from the Gold Medal Models set for USN CVE/CVLs. The model is finished with Lifecolor acrylics.

DSCF2418.jpg

DSCF2420.jpg

DSCF2415.jpg

DSCF2416.jpg

DSCF2417.jpg

DSCF2434.jpg

DSCF2437.jpg

DSCF2424.jpg

DSCF2431.jpg

DSCF2436.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 28

a very nice diorama - made even more believable in the black and white pictures. What I find quite frightening is how short the flight deck looks in comparison to the 2 aircraft lined up - its made me appreciate the challenge the pilots had on finals and touchdown.

splendid maritime modelling

52 minutes ago, Gimme Shelter said:

a very nice diorama - made even more believable in the black and white pictures. What I find quite frightening is how short the flight deck looks in comparison to the 2 aircraft lined up - its made me appreciate the challenge the pilots had on finals and touchdown.

splendid maritime modelling

Thanks for the compliment! It really does make you appreciate the challenge the pilots faced on these carriers. I have USS Bogue in the stash which I hope to move on to at some time. Even more of a challenge!

Cheers