Yet another Hasegawa P-3C Orion

hsr

This is the 3rd or 4th Hasegawa P-3C to be posted here in the last month or so. I am not sure of the reason for this. I would say great minds think alike, but I am not sure where I would fit in :). Anyway here is my offering. I am a bit  unhappy with this build, not the fault of the kit, but related to my spaying. I wanted a nice gloss finish on the white, so I gave it several coats starting with a dry dusting and working up to a a wet heavy final coat with light sanding in between. This has worked  fine in the past, but this time I was getting a lot of dust infiltration, and the occasional blob of paint. At one point a fairly large black spec of dust suddenly appeared and in a vain attempt to hide it under more paint I ended up with a drip, (sigh). This meant sanding idown and basically starting over. :wall:. I finally decided cut my losses and live with some specs. As far as the kit itself, it is from some pretty old molds and it shows with plenty of flash and raise panel lines, but the fit was good and while I can argue with some of the engineering it went together well and looks good. The decals worked well with virtually no silvering and look good. My only complaint is that they implemented to walkways, "no steps" and other line on the wings in 3 big decals. They were hard to work with and maneuver into position and had large clear areas. When first put down the clear areas severely wrinkled, but with several applications of MicroSol they flattened out. 

So on to the pictures;

fC621gAT_o.jpg

stFldfiy_o.jpg

YeoQrBpw_o.jpg

gQLMzY1b_o.jpg

ZrtCETxF_o.jpg

VnvhcPds_o.jpg

I used the Eduard interior, but with the small windows it is hard to see inside.

JI46REMJ_o.jpg

McWa90K4_o.jpg

Next up is the equally old Hasegawa OV-1A. 

Enjoy.

• Like 21

Can't have too many Orions Howard,  I have the same issue when I apply white and usually end up sanding and reapplying.

I also added the Eduard set to one of my early builds and not much can be seen. I have a couple more P-3s and Eduard sets in the stash and might try using one on the next build.

Yours is a nice job. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

It is pretty big, but everything else in my collection is 1/72 so changing scale would prevent my from making comparisons. Plus I need to use an optivisor as it is.

Thanks

Howard