A big change in Arma Hobby - no more resin products

Botan

Link to the article

The next stage of Arma Hobby development starts Monday. It’s a big step and a great risk, the biggest in our company history. See what we have planned and do not miss an opportunity!

At the end of this week, we close sales of resin models and accessories. You will not be able to purchase Attack Squadron accessories or Arma Hobby resin models from Monday. Since that day, Arma Hobby has become a manufacturer of plastic models, no more resin production.

We know that for many of you it will be a big surprise. This is not a hasty decision. Over the last six months, we have been trying to develop plastic and resin lines in parallel. The experience of these struggles shows that we have to choose what to put in the effort. Efforts to design and market two different types of products are missing. We need to choose what company we want to be. We have chosen the harder way. We want to be a manufacturer of plastic models.

This year we plan to launch another new type of aircraft in December – this “surprise”, of course, the injection model. Next year – new model every quarter.

On Monday, models and resin accessories will disappear from our store. Orders submitted so far, should be dispatched by the end of the month, then close the foundry. Attack Squadron and Arma Hobby resin line and maybe Adalbertus figurines can be sold to other companies who want to continue their business. If this happens – we will inform you on our blog. If you are interested in purchasing, please contact [email protected].

Finally, we would like to thank all our customers and supporters. Thanks to your support from a small resin bait manufacturer, we have been able to develop into plastic models. We also thank our business partners: Hataka Hobby, Model Maker, Hauler and Rob Taurus. Together we have managed to create some good models and accessories!

See resin kits clearance information in Arma Hobby shop link

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silverkite said:

are they stupid?Where in the world I'm supposed to fetch cheaply accurate 300gal fuel tanks now?Or those F-/a-18 exhausts?

If I refer to the original post and if you want to continue the business, the moulds are for sale...

V.P.

I think this is a bold step by Arma Hobby and I wish them well in their new venture !  And I will be keeping an eye on their activities for the future.  It is good news for us modellers when we can expect accurate and quality injection molded kits from Arma Hobby.  I await your developments with interest.

• Like 1

I was just coming here to post this. Kind of a bummer, as I liked their inexpensive resin sets for Polonifying F-16s and MiG-29s. I'm hopeful that their injection-molded kits will all turn out as lovely as the PZL P.7 looks in the box, thugh. Looking hopefully forward to lots more Polish aircraft in the gentleman's scale.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

IMHO plastic is no substitute for resin. Seems a strange backward step.

I think they're switching over to being kit manufacturers, rather than dealing in aftermarket. If future kits are like their PZL P.7, they could be a Polish Eduard.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Homebee said:

For my part I rather wish injected 1/48th PZL TS-11 Iskra as well as 1/48th PZL-130 Orlik and PZL-130T Turbo Orlik kits...

V.P.

Wrong scale! Back you devil! Back! 

image13.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

On 11/10/2017 at 18:54, Homebee said:

For my part I rather wish injected 1/48th PZL TS-11 Iskra as well as 1/48th PZL-130 Orlik and PZL-130T Turbo Orlik kits...

V.P.

Hi, guys!

Yesterday I asked Wojtek Bulhak from Arma Hobby about a new 1/48 TS-11 Iskra plastic kit. Here you are his answer:

Plastic TS-11 1/48 scale? Most probably not. To small market. 

thank you 

Wojtek Bulhak

I have both Arma Hobby Iskra kits in 1/48 and 1/72 scale. They are superb! I have also been surprised with the news from Arma...

Cheers.

Miguel

Can't have your cake and eat it!

Should I buy all accessories I may need now, or hope someone buy up that part of the business?

However if they can produce more kits like the Spitfire Xl then I'm really happy.  Maybe some early Griffon Spitfires or Vc/Xll which have a significant commonality.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, exdraken said:

Made a largish last order....

Werner!

What did you get, mate?

Well, I tried to, but somehow checkout through the PayPal option has gone kaput on me all the time. :hmmm:

Does anyone know what the e-mail to Arma Hobby is so I try making a payment that way? It's 21:51 in Polonia right now.

33 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Does anyone know what the e-mail to Arma Hobby is so I try making a payment that way? It's 21:51 in Polonia right now.

Have you tried this one?

34 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Werner!

What did you get, mate?

Well, I tried to, but somehow checkout through the PayPal option has gone kaput on me all the time. :hmmm:

Hi, Uncle Uncool,

Try with the following mail addresses:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

I paid yesterday through PayPal wihout problems.

Good look!

Miguel

50 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Werner!

What did you get, mate?

I got my confirmation form this one:

[email protected]

Got me some F-16 and MiG-29 updates, (for most likely polish schemes) as well as F-18 nozzles and pylons...... you never know! ;)

hope you are lucky still!

Hannants also mentioned in there newsletter that people should hurry up ordering Arma hobby stuff....

1 hour ago, Botan said:

Have you tried this one?

Hi there, Botan, mate!

Yeh, I tried that one a couple of hours ago, but that e-mail's only meant for enquiries.

1 hour ago, Mihajlo said:

Hi, Uncle Uncool,

Try with the following mail addresses:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

I paid yesterday through PayPal wihout problems.

Hey now, Miguel!

Thank you too, chap, but those e-mails bore no fruits either. Dunno why the page is informing something related to a T.10-and-whatnot error...

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

I got my confirmation form this one:

[email protected]

hope you are lucky still!

:analintruder: YAY!

That's the one, Werner; thanks a million! I owe you a brew.

In the nick of time; order was placed in Poland at 23:53! :analintruder:

Thank you all, my good fellas, as you've chilled quite a very hot potato I was.

Cheers,

Unc2

23 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Me too.

Saturday I tried to make an order but Paypal crushed... I tried a second time and it went well. :yes:

I wish Arma Hobby the best of luck with their new business direction ! At the same time it's a bit disappointing that their range will not be available anymore. As many here I made an order before the retirement of their resin range, will put these to good use

• 5 months later...

I don`t think this has been posted here so far so here`s a link to Arma Hobby`s announcement about the sale of the Attack Squadron brand:

http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2018/03/22/attack-squadron-co-dalej-z-modelami-zywicznymi/

The Attack Squadron models and accessories have gained a lot of popularity. Therefore, the end of their production by Arma Hobby, met with a stir in the modelling world. Arma Hobby focuses on the production of plastic models, but it is already known who will continue the production of resin models from Attack Squadron. Read the statement:

Arma Hobby proudly informs that production rights to Attack Squadron resin kits and accessories range were sold to Mr Jan Sobotka, the owner of Hauler and Brengun model kit brands. They will be continued under brand Brengun in future.

Attack Squadron accessories for Polish plastic kits and Arma Hobby resin kits remain the property of Arma Hobby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1