Hasegawa 1:72 F14A TOMCAT....flying blind!

Hi to all..........what a nightmare build!

Firstly my sincere apologies to all you Tomcat fans out there as I know absolutely nothing about these beasts!..so if you spot that certain parts have been placed back to front ...I'm sorry!

To be fair though the reason why the heading title says "Flying Blind"...is because its an old kit and there weren't any instructions!:o....lost somewhere along life's road!...so I went on the old internet to see if I could find some....well I did but alas it was all out of focus !

So I put this F14A together by looking at out of focus shapes and then looking at photos of the real aircraft ......so it really was flying blind!

I have to be honest....I didn't enjoy building this...fidely things kept breaking off...all the plastic that makes up this model was far too heavy for the flimsy undercarriage which snapped on me!...the P.E parts were too small.....I could go on!...this was supposed to be a nice break from a scratch build project I am currently undertaking!.....oh well!

Here it is then.....................

qqq_017.jpg

qqq_018.jpg

qqq_021.jpg

qqq_022.jpg

qqq_002.jpg

qqq_006.jpg

qqq_011.jpg

qqq_013.jpg

qqq_007.jpg

qqq_014.jpg

I do hope you didn't spot too many mistakes! ha ha

In future I'll leave these Tomcats to the experts here on BM!!...and there's a few of them...I'll get back to scratch building!

Cheers

Fozzy

• Like 24

Great looking Cat despite the problems you listed. I'd be more than happy to have loads of problems and still end up with a result this good!!! If you ever want to actually enjoy a Tomcat build try the new one from Tamiya. I've never seen such a well engineered kit

• Like 1

Man, I dropped one once even with full instruction. Made lots of mistakes with that certain F-14B.

Hasn't put me off from making another Hase F-14's tho. And yours are good-looking too. Still the best F-14 in gentleman's scale :3

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 3:10 PM, Simon382 said:

Great looking Cat despite the problems you listed. I'd be more than happy to have loads of problems and still end up with a result this good!!! If you ever want to actually enjoy a Tomcat build try the new one from Tamiya. I've never seen such a well engineered kit

Cheers Simon.....but I think I would need a bit of a rest before tackling another Tomcat!!

Edited by Fozzy