Panzer VI Tiger STGB Chat

Plasto

Got to say a huge WELL DONE!! to everybody who finished their entry. Voting hasn't been easy.

To all those who fell by the wayside I invite you to carry on with me (as soon as the bolts arrive) and let's see if we can get to 100% completion.

• Like 5

Congrats to all that finished their projects, and Good luck with those that are carrying on.

Although I've been away for most of the build months, and a very, very poor internet connection, I've tried to keep up to date.

A nice friendly bunch of people, enjoying their hobby.  Keeps me entertained for many a shift.

Well done to the organisers, for putting their own precious time, into setting this up.

Next for me will be the T54/55 GB.

Hope to see some of you there in October.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 3

I agree with the above comments, it was a fun build, I enjoyed making a mess! :D

Thanks to @Ozzy and @Plasto for running a great build. I loved all the king Tigers, so much so I now have the 1/35th Ammo Re-Box of the Takom one, now I just need a GB to build it in! :D

• Like 1

Well done to everyone who got a build into the Gallery. And to all those still working away - keep going!!! It would be great to see all the entries finished where possible.

And don't forget to vote in the poll. Just 6 more days to get your vote in.

Kind regards,

Stix 

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Well done to everyone that had an entry in the gallery, congratulations to @PlaStix for gaining the most votes.

I'll second that - @PlaStix - a stunning build and worthy winner - the bar was set very high though and there are many great builds in the gallery.

Thanks again to the organisers - Steve

• Like 3

I'd just like to add my thanks to the hosts for a very enjoyable GB. Congratulations to Stix on another superb model that gives me something to aspire to. A special mention to Steve - a great first foray into 1/35 that was beautifully photographed. Finally, to the person that voted for me in the poll, a huge thank you. To get support from your peers makes all the effort worthwhile and gives a huge impetus to keep beavering away trying to improve with each model.

Andy

All enthused.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What with my TRYING to finish my Tiger (and life getting in the way) I've not had the opportunity to congratulate ALL participants and supporters of this GB, so I'm doing it now.

Congrats to @PlaStix for yet another superb and deserving winning entry. I'm still waiting for one of his builds that goes terminally wrong. We can but dream!

Congrats to @BIG X for a fantastic podium finish in a brand new scale.

Congrats to @Ozzy for managing to bash out a great dio with figures, buildings and a nicely battered Tiger 1, in super-quick time.

Congrats to all those who took part, whether they finished their build on time, or not. I kinda cheated to get mine into the gallery. It now looks nothing like it did there!

I'm taking a break from GBs now.... my ongoing dioramas are going to take preference once my Tiger is finished.

Having said that, IF a GB featuring Half-Tracks comes up, I'll be swooping in on that one!

Thanks all,

And happy hobbying.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Congratz Plastix, a deserving winner.

And only 1/48 scale. Your finesse at paint is  truly stunning.

And congratz to every one that has participated, Just looking at the post count shows that we are truly a group build (mostly due to badder's epic threads😜)

See you all soon for another round of Armoured fun and games

Paul

• Like 3

On 8/27/2019 at 12:05 PM, Badder said:

I'm taking a break from GBs now.... my ongoing dioramas are going to take preference once my Tiger is finished.

Having said that, IF a GB featuring Half-Tracks comes up, I'll be swooping in on that one!

Funny you should mention that... :whistle:

Andy

• Like 5

On 26/08/2019 at 08:19, Ozzy said:

congratulations to @PlaStix for gaining the most votes.

Hi Ozzy and thank you you very much.

A very big thank you to you for organising this GB and being such a fantastic host. Very well done to you!

On 26/08/2019 at 08:58, BIG X said:

I'll second that - @PlaStix - a stunning build and worthy winner - the bar was set very high though and there are many great builds in the gallery.

Thanks again to the organisers - Steve

Thank you very much Steve and totally agree - we had superb builds in the Gallery and even more great builds that unfortunately didn't get finished in time.

On 26/08/2019 at 20:04, Foxbat said:

I'd just like to add my thanks to the hosts for a very enjoyable GB. Congratulations to Stix on another superb model that gives me something to aspire to. A special mention to Steve - a great first foray into 1/35 that was beautifully photographed. Finally, to the person that voted for me in the poll, a huge thank you. To get support from your peers makes all the effort worthwhile and gives a huge impetus to keep beavering away trying to improve with each model.

Andy

All enthused.

Thank you very much Andy. I think this is the thing about GBs - there's usually lots of encouragement going around!....and that's always a good thing!

On 27/08/2019 at 12:05, Badder said:

Congrats to @PlaStix for yet another superb and deserving winning entry. I'm still waiting for one of his builds that goes terminally wrong. We can but dream!

Thank you Badder........I think........

On 28/08/2019 at 09:10, diases said:

Congratz Plastix, a deserving winner.

And only 1/48 scale. Your finesse at paint is  truly stunning.

And congratz to every one that has participated, Just looking at the post count shows that we are truly a group build (mostly due to badder's epic threads😜)

See you all soon for another round of Armoured fun and games

Paul

Thank you very much Paul. I agree about how popular the recent AFV STGBs have been - they frequently have far more posts than some of the other GBs. I'm looking forward to seeing your Takom t-55AMV in progress in the T-55 STGB in October. I'm taking part but not sure what kit to build yet. I have a couple of suitable MiniArt kits and one from Takom but, looking in the boxes, they look very complex - with lots of parts - not sure if I'd get any of them finished in just three months. I also have Tamiya's Tiran 5 - which looks a little more basic (suitable!!) - but it has old style rubber band tracks!! Also I'm not sure what paints to mix (from Humbrol or Revell) that will make a suitable colour for this tank for brush painting........decisions, decisions......

Finally thank you to everyone who commented in my build thread and voted for my 1/48 Tiger 1 in the Gallery. I have not been to Bovington Tank museum before so I'm really looking forward to using my prize. A big thank you again to Ozzy for sorting this out as the prize for this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 27/08/2019 at 12:05, Badder said:

@Badder. sorry to hear you are stepping back from group builds for a while - I enjoy your contributions.  

@Foxbat did respond to your comment about a half-track GB, here is a link to the campaign he started for just that - a half-track GB:

35 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

@Badder. sorry to hear you are stepping back from group builds for a while - I enjoy your contributions.  

@Foxbat did respond to your comment about a half-track GB, here is a link to the campaign he started for just that - a half-track GB:

Hi Robert,

As I said, it's a case of needing to get at least one of my dios finished! I have 2 completed and 2 nearly completed models with nothing for them to sit on. My Pit stop dio would serve for all of them.

Thanks for the link to the Half-Track GB suggestion. I think I myself mentioned such a thing way back when the Tiger GB was first proposed. (or maybe back during the Sherman GB)  I would definitely take part in Half-track GB as I have the 7 tonne half-track towing the 88mm flak gun and another with the 4x20mm flakvierling AA gun mounted on the back. One or the other was going to be my next build anyway. Prob I will go for the latter cos there's no way I'd manage to finish the former in 3 months!

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 2