Airfix helldiver

speedbird

Just a quick question, hope it's in the right section but if not please feel free to move it..can anyone tell me if the airfix helldiver  kit is still available/ in production? Like a muppet I've gone and lost the pilots windscreen from the one I had in the stash and can't build it without. Cheers guys

mike

No, it's not in production and hasn't been for ages.

But it came with 2 windscreens, IIRC one for the C-4 and one for the C-5, so there's a fair chance some kind soul on here will have one spare if you ask nicely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speedbird said:

I had a feeling someone would say that....I'm not sure the kit had two windscreens, mine didn't but it did have two canopies.

I think you're right: I didn't recall correctly.  It was the Dauntless that came with 2 windscreens (with and without hole for sight) - which helps you not one whit.  Sorry.

9 hours ago, speedbird said:

Just a quick question, hope it's in the right section but if not please feel free to move it..can anyone tell me if the airfix helldiver  kit is still available/ in production? Like a muppet I've gone and lost the pilots windscreen from the one I had in the stash and can't build it without. Cheers guys

mike

A quick check of EBay shows quite a lot of them for sale and reasonably cheap.