Rafale B Hobby Boss 1:72

....and now for something completely different!

The Eye of the Tiger

This small rendition of the french superjet is by far the newest and best kit in 1:72.

But there are surprisingly many faults and the jet is partly undersized. That did hurt and i spent 130 hrs on that. It was in ModellFan 2016/05.

But everytime i look at, it i get some Tiger in my Tank!

rafale_2015a

• Like 23

11 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Inspiring, great details too. I’m in the middle of the Revell Rafale M, what colour did you use for the grey? Thanks for sharing 

It took a while to determine the color, the instructions are commonly way off. The french jets have their own Celomer colors. Flightline pics in comparison with other jets showed a dark, neutral  gray (between FS 36251 aggressor gray and FS 36231 dark gull gray).

Most similar to RAL 7042 Verkehrsgrau A, i used Revell 32143 Mittelgrau/Medium Grey adding 15% white for the scale

The easy thing is, all operational Rafis have the same color, B, C, M....

rafale_2015b

Edited by replicant
new content
  • Thanks 1

Just us a greyish grey! They tend to attract dirt rather quickly, and I couldn't find two similar looking rafals (unless just out of the paintshop). Even worse, if you find a Rafale with touched up paint, it shows clearly that the colour changes fast. I used revell Aqua light grey, and it looked ok for me.

https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=11437&p=albums&album=29294

Alex

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 8:15 AM, alex said:

Just us a greyish grey! They tend to attract dirt rather quickly, and I couldn't find two similar looking rafals (unless just out of the paintshop). Even worse, if you find a Rafale with touched up paint, it shows clearly that the colour changes fast. I used revell Aqua light grey, and it looked ok for me.

https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=11437&p=albums&album=29294

Alex

That is a cracking build, yes that’s a good grey! I now have a stash of Rafale Ms 1/48, 1/72, 1/44 but now seeing yours I want to do all the versions 

• Thanks 2