Italeri DO-24

Hi John,

Welcome to the GB! It's a great choice of kit (I'm building it for this GB as well). Looking forward to see it started and knowing which colour scheme you chose.

Cheers

Jaime

Hello John, nice choice.

There is something about these Dornier flying boats that is rather aesthetic I think. Fabulous looking aircraft, but I still have not built one despite liking how they look. I will look forward to seeing yours progress.

All the best,

Ray

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I built up the three sections separately and let them set.

Then I joined the outer to the inners one at a time using gel type superglue.

Finished off by running some perfect plastic putty in to the joins and wiping away with a cotton bud.

• Thanks 1

Well my decals have arrived

20171111_204845

My plan was to build the Swedish variant in its earlier incarnation of green upper, grey lower, but it looks nice in NMF too.

But now I am sorely tempted by that all white French aircraft. It would make a lovely contrasting scheme to my Black Cat.

It would be a challenge to weather, and I would have to cut out the loading hatch windows.

The Spanish red cross one also looks nice too, but flew with open holes instead of turrets, so I would have to fabricate an interior.

Too many choices, but I have to make my mind up before I close the fuselage.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John_W said:

My plan was to build the Swedish variant in its earlier incarnation of green upper, grey lower, but it looks nice in NMF too.

But now I am sorely tempted by that all white French aircraft. It would make a lovely contrasting scheme to my Black Cat.

Both would look excellent, John.