Riddle me.... 1/8 Moebius Riddler

Moebius continues to sculpt some spot on likenesses of the series actors. And this is no exception. I hope I did Frank Gorshin justice. I did realize that his skin tone is warmer than the others and tried to get that tone, without overdoing it. I think I got close. Unlike most figure modelers, I don’t use acrylics. I stick to my tried and true Testors MM enamels. They have a line of figure colors, and that’s what I used here, along with Tamiya enamels. His suit is all Tamiya enamels, Park green and Green. The gloves, tie and shoes are Tamiya enamel XF-4 Flat Green. The face is all TMM, Skin Tone Light, Skin Tone Shadow, Raw Sienna, and Skin Tone Warm. The mask is TMM Napoelonic Violet. While the cane is TMM Willow Green. What I don’t like too much are the decals. They take a lot of Solvaset to go down, and some still silvered. So I had to fix that after I sealed everything with Testors Dullcote.

XOd8iQR.jpgDgUiwqW.jpgb9bwLfP.jpg7jaAFem.jpg4Cyam7H.jpg4e2DzLj.jpg2JdFuiT.jpghZhiLHQ.jpg

• Like 8

Believe it or not the question marks weren’t as tedious as I thought. I had a reference that showed the pattern, and I worked in sections. What did bother me is that they were Moebius decals, which are notoriously stubborn and some did silver on me.

• 2 weeks later...

He does look great. Between you, you and Moebius have managed to capture Frank Gorshin's unique brand of insanity as the Riddler. I always thought he was the most dangerous of the show's villains because of the unholy glee he took in making plans, particularly for the demise of the Dynamic Duo. This was before the Joker was revamped to be completely (and enthusiastically) insane -- in a way, Frank's Riddler was a sort of prototype for what the Joker became in the 70s -- and it was quite a feat to portray a character like that in the 60s on prime time TV.

And I can see that in your figure. Frank is right at the beginning of one of his monologues; in a few minutes, after revealing (some of ) his latest plot and calling down the heavens on his enemies, he'll start jumping around with that mad giggle he had. Very well done.

And "the gang" all look great. From what you say about the bases, I'm guessing that the remaining part of the bat is behind Catwoman and would be the Joker. Or is there a second part missing behind the heroes for... Egghead? King Tut? Either way, I'll look forward to you completing the set.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2017 at 1:40 AM, Tarkas said:

He does look great. Between you, you and Moebius have managed to capture Frank Gorshin's unique brand of insanity as the Riddler. I always thought he was the most dangerous of the show's villains because of the unholy glee he took in making plans, particularly for the demise of the Dynamic Duo. This was before the Joker was revamped to be completely (and enthusiastically) insane -- in a way, Frank's Riddler was a sort of prototype for what the Joker became in the 70s -- and it was quite a feat to portray a character like that in the 60s on prime time TV.

And I can see that in your figure. Frank is right at the beginning of one of his monologues; in a few minutes, after revealing (some of ) his latest plot and calling down the heavens on his enemies, he'll start jumping around with that mad giggle he had. Very well done.

And "the gang" all look great. From what you say about the bases, I'm guessing that the remaining part of the bat is behind Catwoman and would be the Joker. Or is there a second part missing behind the heroes for... Egghead? King Tut? Either way, I'll look forward to you completing the set.

Thanks! I just saw this post. Yes, the bases will form the Batsignal, and the missing ones are Cesar Romero and Yvonne Craig. Batgirl will be the rear center piece, and Joker will go behind Catwoman.