Here is my conversion of the revell new ju 88 a-4 kit converted to a s-1 of 1/kg66 operation stienbock april 44. Using aims parts, squadron canopie, extracolor paints.streched sprue aerials .comments welcomed. Nik

2017-10-09_10-33-12

2017-10-09_10-32-12

2017-10-09_10-32-42

2017-10-09_10-32-262017-10-09_10-32-56

2017-10-11_07-47-33

IMG_20171009_213525IMG_20171009_213653

Edited by Niknak
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Nice job on this aircraft, & as Bernd has said, you've got this colour scheme spot on. I do think that you might want to check the date for this, Unternehmen Steinbock was in 1944 afaik. I've a Ju188 from II/KG66 at the same time using AIMS decals.

Steve.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Niknak said:

Thank you, oops! Yip you are right steve  it was . Which kit did you use for your ju 188.? Aims decals are good 

I've got the Italeri kit, I've never found a Hasegawa one at a price I could cope with & seeing as it'll be an E-1 with the BMW motors, the skinny Italeri Jumos are not a problem, especially as I have some aftermarket engines fans for them.

Steve.

• Like 1

The most beautiful variant of the entire Ju-88 series!

Very interesting conversion, where did you get the AIMS sets?

I'd talked to them at ModelBrno where they annouced a G-6 conversion (based on the Revell kit).

Visiting their website I did not see anything about a 'S' conversion.

Since the Hasegawa kit is hideously expensive (and difficult to find) this seems to be a good alternative.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

I'd talked to them at ModelBrno where they annouced a G-6 conversion (based on the Revell kit).

Since the Hasegawa kit is hideously expensive (and difficult to find) this seems to be a good alternative.

Hi ,I emailed john at aims and asked if he still did the conversions sets (there designed for the atm kits) , he does not but still had some of the moulds . So he did some for me. You could email him and ask him.thay need some work to fit the revell kit thou, The g -6 is on his website in the gallary

Edited by Niknak

8 hours ago, Winenut said:

Really nice version in a scheme I have never seen before.

Top job

Congratulations

Cheers

Bruce

Thank you, the scheme was used late in the war on ju 88 s,t and ju 188 

6 hours ago, pheonix said:

Lovely conversion and markings. The Ju 88 offers so many opportunities for conversions - a complete model collection could be made from variants of this aeroplane alone.

P

Thank you pheonix yip you could , I am thinking of doing the a-4, g-1 & a t at sometime.

On ‎10‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 11:21 AM, stevehnz said:

I've got the Italeri kit, I've never found a Hasegawa one at a price I could cope with & seeing as it'll be an E-1 with the BMW motors, the skinny Italeri Jumos are not a problem, especially as I have some aftermarket engines fans for them.

Steve.

Still a good choice IMHO, after Building my first Hasegawa Ju 88 i came to the conclusion that the kit is good and one of the best kits for the Ju 88/188 series but it has some flaws and is relative hard to build. The Italeri kit with some help from the aftermarket will be a worthy addition to your aircraft collection.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 10:53, Roman Schilhart said:

Hi roman, it was a fairly easy conversion, what took the most work was getting the engines to fit the wing as there were slightly smaller.

• 5 weeks later...