Paint problems

HunterClash

Hello, I am new here.

So I was assembling the revell 777-300er(zvezda repackaging), and I got the KLM decals from draw decals. My problem is, how do I paint the blue top of the plane, when I don't have spray paint, only paint brush, and I'd love if you guys helped me out. Thanks in adance!

A flat brush might help as well, I use them to cover large areas. They cover a greater area with fewer passes, thus reducing brush strokes on the model. As Corsair pointed out a varnish coat on top gives a good finish and also helps with decal application. 

Well thinned paint, and only make single brush strokes (i.e. a single pass with the brush). Don't go over the same area again until it is dry, even if you missed a bit- takes a bit of self-discipline to forestall the natural instinct to make multiple brush strokes but it really helps with avoiding brush marks.

Paint first.

Get your paint finish nice and smooth and glossy first

To prevent painting where the decal wont cover: trace the decal onto tracing paper [kitchen grease-proof paper works too] - place the tracing onto the model and mark lightly with a pencil or even some small pin-point pricks the main out line of the decal, or the area which it will cover. Paint into this area; keeping it very smooth as the decal will show up any ridges where two colours meet

You could cut out the actual decal to do this but by tracing it you save it from potential harm