Dragon Wagon - Its a big 'un!

nick32

37 minutes ago, nick32 said:

Cheers guys. Clive, good thinking - I'll see what i can do with the supplied crew, i hadn't thought of that!

I am doing exactly this with the gun crew on my 17-pdr thread if you've not already seen it, just to illustrate what's possible you understand! :)

• Like 1

Thanks Carius, good to have you aboard!

Clive, i've checked out your 17pdr build, blimey, some good ace work there. You've inspired me to have a go at reworking the Tamiya figures, and i have some Milliput at hand.... 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nick32 said:

You've inspired me to have a go at reworking the Tamiya figures, and i have some Milliput at hand.... 

Excellent, looking forward to seeing how you get on! :thumbsup2:

Late to this one Nick great project,I'll pop in on the build it if you don't mind I love the unsung heroe's of the armour world.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi chaps, i've been quietly beavering away at it, i don't get a whole lot of spare time but nonetheless i have made a bit of progress. The bulk of the tractor unit is now built, the winch (which is a complete kit in itself!) is now done, as is the a frame and tyre changing crane (not pictured, i forgot to add it lol). All thats left now are the lights, tools and a few other small fixtures and fittings. 

39238840340_b31c7af9d7_z.jpg

26176777677_8467b048eb_z.jpg

27176121848_ee991afe91_z.jpg

26176777177_f540256e1f_z.jpg

41005774102_2ef537ae80_z.jpg

Still really enjoying the build, it's a hell of a lot of work and easily my most demanding one yet - The Tamiya 1/32 Zero is nothing compared to this.. haha.

The fit of everything is perfect, typical Tamiya. 

I'm now starting to think ahead to how i'm going to display it, it will be big as the finished wagon is 20" long and i intend to have a few other bits and pieces too. 

Thanks for looking, 

Nick

Edited by nick32
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

Blimey it's been a while..... Life got in the way and the poor old Dragon wagon got put on the sidelines. But i've recently made some progress, should be an update soon with what i've been up to. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Francis :)

I've been doing bits and pieces as time allows, and now the tractor unit is almost finished. 

29959222318_3deb7daf0c_z.jpg

29959215518_47cfca4ee6_z.jpg

29959213308_895592737c_z.jpg

29959211008_88a485e02f_z.jpg

29959208498_09845cb860_z.jpg

Excuse the poor quality photo's , they were just quickly done with my phone. 

I've a bit more weathering to do, mostly on the tyres, then i can start painting the trailer unit. I'm still thinking about how to set it off in a diorama, but narrowed down the load to either a Sherman, or possibly a Tiger. Too heavy i know, but i reckon they would have tried if they had the chance..... 

Thanks for looking, 

Nick 

Edited by nick32
  • Like 6

On 03/08/2018 at 20:57, nick32 said:

narrowed down the load to either a Sherman, or possibly a Tiger. Too heavy i know, but i reckon they would have tried if they had the chance..... 

Have a look online, they towed some

really interesting objects, right up to lamdingcraft straight off the beach.

theres definitely images of my hauling Panthers, Sherman’s, LVTs, lees, grants,

and even a Jadgtiger ... http://www.armorfortheages.com/MilitaryVehicles/JagdTiger/JagdTiger.html

though massively overweight on this trailer  they seem to have managed it. 

Key would be to keep it interesting 🙂 

awesome build so far, looking forward to the final piece, I built one of these when I was 16, but want to make another ! Great project! 

• Like 1

Cheers Steve. 

It was the pic with the Jadtiger that initially gave me the idea of hauling a Tiger, plus i have one half built already. There really are so many options it's difficult to decide! 

You should go for it and build another one if the chance arises, as you know it goes together so well. A very long and busy build though, it's by far the most indepth thing i've built, and if i ever do another one it won't be for a long time - purely just because of the amount of time it takes up. Great fun though!