Hello from France

silberpferd

Hi all,

After lurking from a couple of years, I finaly decided to join.

I'm living a few miles north of Paris, and my main interest is about aircrafts of WWII, mainly USAAF, and P-51 in particular.

I have not built (i.e. finished) a kit recently, due to several reasons (mariage, divorce.....routine), but I hope to do so in the future, once I have moved to my new place at the end of the year.

Beside this, I am member of association Ailes Anciennes, and am working on the restoration of Avro Lancaster NX664 on Saturdays.

Jl9SDMq.jpg

I also like to take pictures of planes and birds

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36276108@N03/

Cheers,

Laurent

• Like 5

Hello Laurent! Welcome to Britmodeller; no doubt Mike will follow suit soon. You will find that these are some of the most knowledgeable guys around. Oh, and, many of them are like you and I, modelers returning after some years/decades of other things. This site is a goldmine of knowledge and references; the people here are also very generous in time and knowledge. My name is Joe; live in southeast Wisconsin, USA. If you have a question, just ask. And, don't forget to post if you know something about the topic. You may the answer the OP needs. Good luck/Bon chance!

Welcome aboard Laurent. Nice to see the French base growing (even if some of us are aliens:D). Not an aircraft modeller myself (I used to be), but I envy you working on that Lancaster. Beautiful aircraft.

John.