Airfix Blenheim I from a IF kit

Michael51

After much toil on my Blenheim I kit, it has been consigned to the rubbish bin. 

The perspex panelling bits were way out of line on the starboard side of the cockpit whilst perfect on the port side, something I was sure I had right until I unmasked the thing after painting.

Where did I go wrong? 

Any thoughts, apart from those suggesting I should have picked another hobby, would be welcome.

Now, will the Airfix IF kit allow me to make the pre-war bomber version? I assume it will but confirmation before I press that button on the Hannants site would be appreciated. The I version seems to be OOS , OOP, or both.

Michael

Edited by Michael Enright

you have my sympathy. Attach the forward fuselage parts to the rear fuselage parts before joining to the wing assembly. With the fuselage halves together the cockpit just clicks in from the rear before the wings/bomb bay are put together

• Like 3

I'm doing a bomber Mk.IV from the fighter boxing, so I imagine the same will be true of the Mk.I.  I'm also having trouble with the transparencies and getting the forward fuselage to fit nicely - I think that it's achievable but not easy.

Just beware that if you are doing an overseas one, for these should have an additional air intake above the cowling.  Also the tropical filter is undersized, but a replacement is available.  Freightdog, IIRC.

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

I'm doing a bomber Mk.IV from the fighter boxing, so I imagine the same will be true of the Mk.I.  I'm also having trouble with the transparencies and getting the forward fuselage to fit nicely - I think that it's achievable but not easy.

Just beware that if you are doing an overseas one, for these should have an additional air intake above the cowling.  Also the tropical filter is undersized, but a replacement is available.  Freightdog, IIRC.

Thanks,

It is a 114 Sqn Blenheim 1, Spring 1939, using decals from the Xtradecals set, so no problem there

Michael