Macross "Garage" kits - here is something amazing

Hey fellas,

I'm sure there are a few of you who would benefit from this news, and it may not be news to some. I have come across a site that has rare kits hat are reproduced from wonderfest etc where quantities are extremely limited and finding them can be impossible. I have ordered from this site before, and I assure you the casting is of top quality.

The rare VF-19 battroid from the Macross+ anime had a few variations across the gross series. One was the racing type that I found here in 1/72!

http://www.e2046.com/p/22702/

I preordered a couple, and I thought I would share my discovery with anyone here who happens to be as crazy about these models as I am. 

19 hours ago, Blastvader said:

I've never used e2046 myself, but I hear ok things about casts of 'organic' models (ie figures, anime girls) and pretty horrible things about any time they try and cast a robot or vehicle. 

Their mechanical casts are really awesome. I have a few add on kits for existing models from well known sci-fi manufacturers like Bandai and Hasegawa. I purchase all over to get what I want, I have no compunctions about buying from someone who is essentially keeping up with demand. I wish I could draw a direct comparison to the historical modelling genre, but I will have to use re-pops of auto parts and aftermarket accessories as an example. 

On 10/15/2017 at 10:48 PM, gamblor916 said:

They're a bunch of thieving recasters. That is all.

I mean that's true, there's no avoiding it. Though in many cases how else is the rest of the world meant to get hold of kit 'x' that was limited to 250 units and only sold at one hobby show...in Japan...and was out of production within 30 minutes of the doors opening?

If you're not willing to widen your audience them someone else will, with or without your consent.

Regardless; HK-M are a much better company than e2046 I'm led to believe and have licensing deals with some of the original creators.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2017 at 3:46 PM, modelglue said:

I've never had a quality issue with them, in fact I am surprised to see so much negativity concerning their standards. 

some kits are recast from outside sources(yellow resin with another caster name on the instructions) and some are recast inhouse(white resin, really poor casting, literally not worth any money, straight into the bin)
i scrapped i nightingale resin kit it was a mess.

Edited by TimMather

On 11/20/2017 at 6:36 PM, TimMather said:

some kits are recast from outside sources(yellow resin with another caster name on the instructions) and some are recast inhouse(white resin, really poor casting, literally not worth any money, straight into the bin)
i scrapped i nightingale resin kit it was a mess.

I've only had the creamy yellow casts. Never a white resin. Thanks for the heads up though!