Mojo Restorer. First completion in over a Year

My Mojo has been at an all time low for so long I can't remember my last completed model, but do know it has been over a year. I needed something quick (that is a relative term in this modeller's language) and simple to get over the finish line so picked a Meng Kids He177. This would also give me an opportunity to try out the new Mission Models acrylic RLM colours for the first time.

I hope you like it as much as I have enjoyed building it.

IMG_3130-M.jpgIMG_3138-M.jpg

IMG_3137-M.jpg

IMG_3136-M.jpg

IMG_3141-M.jpg

For a snap together kit the tolerances were amazingly tight, I had to scrape the paint off the pins to get things to fit. The clear parts were probably some of the clearest I've ever seen and the instruction booklet was well designed with some nice information on the real aircraft included along with some lovely artwork. All in all a testament to Meng's engineering and kit production techniques.

The Mission Models acrylics were really nice to use and the colours matched the Kieroff Paint chips very nicely.

Duncan B

• Like 15

I'm starting to like these 'egg planes'. When they are well built and painted, like yours, they look great.

Sorry to hear about your mojo. Mine has taken a bit of a hit recently, but today was the first day I have painted something in about four months. Has this kit given you enough enthusiasm to start another kit?

2 hours ago, Gorby said:

I'm starting to like these 'egg planes'. When they are well built and painted, like yours, they look great.

Sorry to hear about your mojo. Mine has taken a bit of a hit recently, but today was the first day I have painted something in about four months. Has this kit given you enough enthusiasm to start another kit?

Thanks Gorby, to answer your question, yes it has. These 2 have made their way onto the desk.

IMG_3116-M.jpg

2 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

That looks great!  I hope your mojo is back in full force

It certainly is, the above are making nice progress and I have some shelf of doom kits to finish off after these.

Duncan B

11 hours ago, Duncan B said:

It certainly is, the above are making nice progress and I have some shelf of doom kits to finish off after these.

I'm glad to hear that Duncan - those 109's are looking great so far.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, replicant said:

What happens when you feed him (is a He) or if he gets wet? Did i mention the Gremlins?

12 minutes ago, replicant said:

I only ask because its a Snap Kit...

Once Mr Mojo is at full strength there are started kits all over the place, the Postman is delivering new ones every second day and some even get finished!

Duncan B

• Like 1