Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Mike

11 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

I've scanned through the thread (admittedly in a drugged state, due to influenza B), but can't find if there is an estimated release date for the B-Wing?

Because it is not officially announced by Bandai that they'll release it. They showed it in an exhibition like they did with walking AT-AT and big scale Star Destroyer that never made it to the production. For B-wing, I'm sure that will not be the case but Bandai made no official announcement that they'd be releasing a B-wing

44 minutes ago, Despy said:

They showed it in an exhibition like they did with walking AT-AT and big scale Star Destroyer that never made it to the production YET.

Fixed that for you :pray:

12 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

I've scanned through the thread (admittedly in a drugged state, due to influenza B), but can't find if there is an estimated release date for the B-Wing?

Get well soon ;)

• Like 3

I notice that Luke & Han are both up as pre-orders in their Stormtrooper gear over on eBay :frantic:

If I'm reading it right, their faces are already painted.  Aren't they?  I think Luke needs his highlights touching up, but they look pretty good otherwise :yes:

12 hours ago, Mike said:

I notice that Luke & Han are both up as pre-orders in their Stormtrooper gear over on eBay :frantic:

If I'm reading it right, their faces are already painted.  Aren't they?  I think Luke needs his highlights touching up, but they look pretty good otherwise :yes:

Yes, their faces are pre-painted using the 'tri-axial jet finish', whatever that is!

Han is due to be released 30/4/18 and Luke at the end of June.  Luke also has a shorter hip joint so he will stand slightly shorter than Han, great attention to detail.

I'm sure I saw somewhere that they come with an unpainted face as an option, should you want to do the painting yourself. It's probably easier to just touch up the pre-painted one though.

The tri-axial jet printing just seems to be a jig that angles the head left and right slightly to allow printing form different directions.

From the Bandai website...

Inkjet printing is most beautifully painted when the distance between printed matter and printer head is appropriate. With the development of this jig, it is possible to produce a flat surface with high accuracy, so it is possible to reproduce fine letters and images from the gradation with accuracy exceeding that of conventional ink jet printing. 
The movement of the jig is program controlled, and the movable angle and the number of steps can be freely set according to the shape of the object to be painted. Using a servo and pulse motor to move at an angle of 0.25 degrees, it creates a flat surface that can be painted most efficiently and accurately.

Furthermore, since the outline of the painting data is extracted from the 3DCAD design data, it is possible to precisely match the shape and painting position.

The jig itself was moved without going through the manual work of multiple persons, completing painting with one stop, ensuring uniformity of quality.

hansolo_lukeskywalker_stormtrooper_expla

hansolo_stormtrooper_09.jpg

Andy :cat:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chillidragon said:

Someone with the idea that it will become tomorrow's rarity?

I'm kidding really, and I'd probably be tempted if it came out, but I'd be a bit miffed if it was high up the release order over a myriad of (IMHO) better characters from the series :fight:

39 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm kidding really, and I'd probably be tempted if it came out, but I'd be a bit miffed if it was high up the release order over a myriad of (IMHO) better characters from the series :fight:

Only if it's Darth Jar Jar.

d0m1gb20bg.jpg

Yea, this is a real thing. If you've  never heard of it, give this a read. It'll blow your mind!-

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jar-Jar-Binks-Sith-Lord-Star-Wars-Theory-Isn-t-Crazy-You-Think-98257.html

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bandai have posted this up as a teaser on their Twitter feed.

LykywuI.jpg

Death Star 1 - 55mm (approx)

Death Star 2 - 75mm (approx)

Dreadnaught - 3mm

Jar Jar Binks - 0.00075mm (approx)

Any other guesses?

• Like 1