An English Lighting!!

This kit has given more headache that a very bad road ride. I wanted to get the Airfix kit, however, after searching for two months from the vendor, I gave up and bought a very crude Hasegawa first generation kit. The kit is very basic, with Zero cockpit details, and ejection seat is anything but a pile of boxes. So, I build some scratch parts of the cockpit and the ejection seat. The decals were just bad, however, didn't have spares so used what was on the kit, hence looking like neon glow. The kit was all raised panel lines and hard plastic tho it was quickly built just under one daytime, I think 30% of the time spent scribing the panel lines and I did like 40% aircraft only. Well, hope it turned out ok, cause am not gonna built this kit again. The English Electric Lighting. (1/72 Lightning F Mk.6 Hasegawa)

l_1.jpg

l_2.jpg

l_3.jpg

l_4.jpg

l_5.jpg

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 15

It may have given you a fight but I think you emerged the victor. Besides, what can be wrong about an 11 Sqn Lightning?  :) I think also Revel have/do box this kit too. It really has earned a retirement.

Steve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, invidia said:

Good looking build, done a great job on that, which i think was a old frog kit before hasagawa released it. 

Last time I checked on scalemate it from the early 60s, Thanks Mate, wish I had better roundels and fin flash 

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

It may have given you a fight but I think you emerged the victor. Besides, what can be wrong about an 11 Sqn Lightning?  :) I think also Revel have/do box this kit too. It really has earned a retirement.

Steve.

Thank you Sir, It was a tough fight for sure, few cuts on the fingers hehehe. I am planning to get an Airfix kits in future, heard it is a gem of a kit.

Cheers

• Like 1