RAN A4G SKYHAWK

CJP

Hello - I purchased the 1/32 Flight Path US Navy Carrier Deck set - it has a nice easy to assemble white metal boarding ladder and tow bar with etched detail - the wheel chocks are a fold up etch & I have put them aside for now as I don't find them that easy to assemble - a nice cast set would have been easier for me - still need to finish painting the ladder

IMG_8713.jpgIMG_8712.jpgIMG_8709.jpgIMG_8710.jpg

IMG_8711.jpg

CJP

• Like 3

After studying the 1/32 A4 models  on LSP of Anthony in NZ, GDW and alaninaustriaI I made a start on fitting those etched Eduard vortex generators - having got the camouflage colours as good as my modelling skills will allow I was reluctant to spray through the template as alaninaustria of LSP did to mark out the positions of the vortex generators so I took a less risky approach for  me of daubing paint with a stiff brush through the templates I had taped to the wing.

IMG-8714.jpgIMG-8716.jpg

When the paint had dried I placed the template on the wing again and marked the straight edge of the VG's leaving a white scribed line

I then marked the leading edge of the VG's with strips of white tape - I then I picked up each VG with my Tamiya tweezers and placed a tiny blob of CA on it and carefully lined each one with the white line and tape - after a few goes I was able to position them pretty accurately and it was not hard to remove ones that were not aligned correctly & reposition them again - the CA seems to bond to the acrylic paint well enough to hold them firm.

IMG-8725.jpgIMG-8728.jpgIMG-8727.jpgIMG-8721.jpg

A bit of careful touch up painting of the VG followed and a consult of the decreasing list of things to do!

CJP

Edited by CJP
text
  • Like 2

Navy870 you may need to translate for the other kids. I know wot you said but they might not be fluent in understanding "Pusser Lingo".

I remember a certain Chief 'Lekky sending a young bloke for a vortex generator drive belt (not me thankfully). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2019 at 4:13 PM, FAAMAN said:

Navy870 you may need to translate for the other kids. I know wot you said but they might not be fluent in understanding "Pusser Lingo".

I remember a certain Chief 'Lekky sending a young bloke for a vortex generator drive belt (not me thankfully). 

Heaps of ex Pussers round here Shipmate,

Wait til the next post with a hang excrement on the crabs section and watch em appear!

• 4 months later...

HI all - calling this one completed - had an enforced 4 month break from modelling  with a family trauma but the urge to do some modelling is returning - will post some photos on RFI

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235064564-ran-a4g-skyhawk/&tab=comments#comment-3519062

IMG-9767.jpg

CJP

Edited by CJP
  • Like 5