This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

I hope you'll forgive me for a slight thread drift, but I have a story for you.

Last night we went to some friends for supper and a game of Canasta, and during a break in the game they presented me with something they had bought at a  ' vide grenier ' the French equivalent of a car boot sale,  a few days ago. I was surprised to see an Academy 1/48 Spitfie XIV E box and thanked them profusely, " look inside " they said , so I did , expecting to find perhaps a different kit but in fact inside were  all the correct Academy spruces with all the actual parts missing!  Also in the box was a brush, tin of paint, some liquid cement and complete decal sheet, which contained some nice markings including the post war Indian roundels which I always think looked like spoked wheels , which will do nicely for an Eduard Tempest II if it materialise.

I guess the moral of the story is ' Look before you buy ', it's actually not unusual to see people selling empty containers and other unusual items at country vide greniers here.

We all had a good laugh about it, and at least I will be able to find a use for a couple of the items.

Cheers

John

Um, er, nice thought??!! I would have loved to have seen your face... mine would have been, how can I say, a little 'strained'! :D