BTR-50 in Braille scale - which one?

KRK4m

Only two 1/72 plastic kits of this standard WarPac APC appeared on the market - one by ACE and another by PST.

Both are relatively new tools (10-12 years old, thus 21st century) and ACE is said to be almost faultless.

But ACE is unavailable (at least in my country) for last 5 years at least, whereas PST 72054 can be purchased easily.

Is it bulidable at all? Can one build a decent model using this kit?

Or should I avoid it and look for the ACE one even more desperately?

Cheers

Michael

Edited by KRK4m
misprint

• 5 months later...
On 10/7/2017 at 6:38 PM, KRK4m said:

But ACE is unavailable (at least in my country) for last 5 years at least, whereas PST 72054 can be purchased easily.

Is it bulidable at all? Can one build a decent model using this kit?

It has been a while since you asked, are you still looking for info?

I just received the PST kit and I have ACE in stash already. I am not planning to build either in the near future but I could at least post some comparison pictures if you are interested, earliest next weekend.

Thank you for your interest :)

I have seen the inbox photos of both and ACE looks much better. Many people say that (although not "shake and bake") it can be transformed into a decent model.

The question is whether is anybody pleased with his own buld of the PST kit :( Especially the method of fitting the forward superstructure over the PT-76 hull looks weird.

Cheers

Michael

• 3 months later...

I've got both the PST BTR-50 and the ACE OT-62A.....The PST kit definitely looks like it will be the easier build.  From past experience with their PT-76B I'd recommend fully assembling the hull and dealing with any joins before starting the running gear.

• 4 months later...

Hi there

Well my 0.02 cents the main thing for one or another reason with ACE kits and lots of low injection kits its the same most glue/cements don´t work well, you have to use Revell Contacta and that problem is solved

I remember reading that on Braillescale Forum and then I had no trouble at all

Best modeling 

Armando