Airfix 1/48 Gloster Javelin FAW 9

Hi Guys,

I didn't finished this on time for the Made in Britain II GB. As I still wanted to show it to you guys I have placed the finished pictures here.

Here are the pictures of my finished 1/48 Airfix Gloster Javelin FAW 9.

The model was build OOB, exept for some decals. I used some decals from Xtradecal.

I used the decals to make a plane from 5 squadron RAFG based at Geilenkirchen, West Germany.

IMG_4163IMG_4166IMG_4164IMG_4165IMG_4167IMG_4168IMG_4169IMG_4171

Cheers,

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Thanxs guys. 

I have to say that I was very impressed with it. The build was straight forward and I enjoyed it very much.

Cheers,

Nice to see a "flatiron" that has not been modelled within minutes of being rolled off the production line in pristine condition...........also nice to see something other than 60 or 64 Sqdn, a lot of other Javelins ended up with other Sqdns................Very nicely done, now you have the same problem we all have?  Its soooooooo huge, where do we put it?

• Like 3

On 7 oktober 2017 at 8:18 PM, rayprit said:

Nice to see a "flatiron" that has not been modelled within minutes of being rolled off the production line in pristine condition...........also nice to see something other than 60 or 64 Sqdn, a lot of other Javelins ended up with other Sqdns................Very nicely done, now you have the same problem we all have?  Its soooooooo huge, where do we put it?

I have got a deep vitrine, where it sits beside the Sea vixen and two Saab Draken's.

12 hours ago, BerndM said:

Awesome build, did the wing roundels made it without much problems over the Vortex generators on the upper wing ?

:worthy:

I had some xtradecal ones, but in the ebd I used the kit ones and they went on good. There are some small holes in the decals where the vortexes needed to go and it works. The vortexes can later be painted with the matching colour. There was also something on the wings beside the vortexes and this ripped the decal a bit, but I managed to paint it later. trying to match the colour.

Again, thanxs guys.

Cheers,

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BerndM said:

The kit is in my stash and everytime i have a look inside i ask myself if this works with the holes in the decals.

It does work. 

• Like 1