Released. What does this mean here?

DIO

This is more a question than anything else. For a number of long awaited models I often see the "Released" notification.

When I search to find the model, to my disappointment there is nothing in the market.

So Released does not mean that it is currently available.

So the question is, what on earth does Released means?

PS. Dear admins, if you reckon that this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it, delete, whatever...

• Like 1

Though the question: what do you call the market? 

Released mean for me that the producer has declared the product available/ready for delivery to the wholesale distributors and retailers.

Now, depending where you live on earth, they can be some delays (shipping, customs etc.) for you to find the products in stock at your local hobby shop.

By example, in Europe you can usually expect a delay of about two months between the official release date of the new TrumpyBoss kits and their availability in the hobby shops.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I live in Sydney, and there are almost no scale model shops here. So my reference to "the market", is basically about all the e-shops that I know across the glob. Starting from Japan, to China, then all the way to UK and US.

When something is declared as Released, it should be at least to one of those areas...

What I believe, is that The Released notice, is just (poor) marketing... Just a "we did it first" thing...

While the actual model, in some cases, might take a few more months to reach the shops. I wonder if it is just me feeling annoyed here...

(by the way Homebee thanks for your response :-)  )

• Like 1