1/35 A39 Tortoise

Moment I saw this brute of a tank new I had to have it in my display,I used some artistic licence as only 6 were finished at wars end,took my ideas from a magazine article build on this tank.Its another Meng Model do like these kits,again painted in acrylic,oils and pastels.Thanks.tn_b4c86125-feb9-48b2-bf6e-b0d8d4717ebe.tn_63cf7180-43e9-46e3-b380-89ccae92659f.tn_9f620643-624d-483b-b6f2-14d24e901fcd.tn_ee5fb98d-34fd-4b03-af3d-a8c2d95ff3ab.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Blaubar said:

Quite a big bugger that Tortoise and your model is looking great. Like the Maus, the name does not correlate with its size.

Yes it's width is as impressive as its height,shame it did not see any action,would have been interesting Thanks.Would like to see the real deal in the museum,just a bit to far for me Cheers.

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

Not seen or heard of this monster before, so just had a interesting read on Wiki about it.

Excellent model Jim.

I was the same new nothing of it until I saw it in a Model Mag and new I had to have it,Thanks Gorby

Hi Jim. Got to see the real thing at the bovington tank museum's "Talkfest" day. It would seem that if indeed this had made it into the war, not to sure how successful it would have been. It was so heavy down to its armour  it was very slow and unreliable. They only just got this one running to do one lap of the ring before yes you guessed it, it broke down. Great job on your build.

37508266736_70edd4e110_b.jpgDSCF0189 by peter, on Flickr

37508266886_606e6a61a3_b.jpgDSCF0188 by peter, on Flickr

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Triumph said:

Hi Jim. Got to see the real thing at the bovington tank museum's "Talkfest" day. It would seem that if indeed this had made it into the war, not to sure how successful it would have been. It was so heavy down to its armour  it was very slow and unreliable. They only just got this one running to do one lap of the ring before yes you guessed it, it broke down. Great job on your build.

37508266736_70edd4e110_b.jpgDSCF0189 by peter, on Flickr

37508266886_606e6a61a3_b.jpgDSCF0188 by peter, on Flickr

Thanks that was interesting,would have loved to have seen it even one lap,this was much the way with these over sized tanks in WW2 they broke down before battle.Cheers Mate.

Great job. Looks good. 

Triumph, do you remember what year you took this photo? We could be in the same time there as I think I've got similar photo somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kris B said:

Great job. Looks good. 

Triumph, do you remember what year you took this photo? We could be in the same time there as I think I've got similar photo somewhere. 

Thanks mate 

Edited by Jim Wasley

• 4 weeks later...

She's a big girl you would not like to be the individual who had to pull their wallet

Out to pay for the fuel nice model and fantastic pictures of the real vehicle well done 🖒👏

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Homer said:

She's a big girl you would not like to be the individual who had to pull their wallet

Out to pay for the fuel nice model and fantastic pictures of the real vehicle well done 🖒👏

Thanks,but I can not lay claim to the real photo's(wish I could).