Some real oldies! A pair of Pacific War Mossies.

Hi peeps,

Since I've been redoing all the images in my various BM threads I though I'd add these two old pre-joining BM models:

The SEAC Mossie is the Tamiya 1/72 FB Mk VI with, I think, Paragon Designs tropical filters whilst the RAAF one is the Hasegawa Mk VI converted to represent a PR Mk 40 as operating out of the Darwin area in 1944-45.

Mos 05

Mos 08

Mos 07

Mos 09

Mos 06

Mike.:)

• Like 34

Nice Mike, those look really good. I find it interesting to see the two kits side by side, for all the differences there're 'sposed to be between the kits, nothing really leaps off the screen at me, they both look just like Mosquitos, nicely done ones at that.

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

The only major difference for me is the canopy - the Hasegawa one is a bit wider and chunkier compared with that on the Tamiya kit. Both have their pros and cons when it comes to assembly and the way the kit is engineered.

Edited by MikeR
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

A lovely pair of Mossies.

I am interested in the PR Blue colour. The kit I have suggest Humbrol 230 but to me, it looks rather Blue/Grey, which colour did you use please ?

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks!B)

I used Xtra Color PRU Blue enamel: LINK. 230 is the Humbrol equivalent but I believe it's somewhat darker than the Xtra Color one.