But Junglierating, we  will have 2 new carriers that can replace HMS Ocean, Bulwark,Albion and these 2 new shiny helicopter carriers aircraft carriers  can land several hundred Royal Marines with equipment and launch lots of helo's in support of humanitarian disasters at the same time as fighting a blue water war and under going refit/maintainance , we wiil, I assure you not loose any capability or flexibilty what soever.:giggle:

They are not really carriers but 2 new TARDIS machines that can be in many places at one.......but don't tell anyone !

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

But Junglierating, we  will have 2 new carriers that can replace HMS Ocean, Bulwark,Albion and these 2 new shiny helicopter carriers aircraft carriers  can land several hundred Royal Marines with equipment and launch lots of helo's in support of humanitarian disasters at the same time as fighting a blue water war and under going refit/maintainance , we wiil, I assure you not loose any capability or flexibilty what soever.:giggle:

They are not really carriers but 2 new TARDIS machines that can be in many places at one.......but don't tell anyone !

You took the words right out of the politicians' mouths!

Martian

• Like 2

Bit of a pyrrhic victory to get two new carriers at the expense of everything else (contrary to what was promised- `RN getting bigger` etc.)

---------------

I scrubbed the rest of my original post when I felt the veins on the side of my head expanding and contracting at an unhealthy tempo. :jump_fire:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I think Albion and Bulwark will be around for sometime to come. The strength of feeling is such that Conservative MPs have indicated they will revolt against the government if an attempt is made to dispose of them along with the Royal Marines. It's been confirmed that RM Tamar at Devonport will be expanded to create a new Marine superbase  as already planned. Pity some idiot forgot to halt sale of HMS Ocean!