Dragon Stug III Ausf. C/D 1:35

Hi all, some photos of my recently finished StuG III from Dragon. Build out of the box with no problems.

"Finished" means i have stopped at the point when Dragon stopped producing this kit. It needs spare tracks, towing cables and some stowage, while it looks like a new  and unused in this condition i have kept the degree of dirt/weathering low.

Anyway here are the photos, hope you like this one.

12a65

• Like 11

Can't beat a III, unless it's with another III.

A fantastic short-gunned StuG, and as has been mentioned, a great job with the Pzr Grey.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Yes, Pz.III's has something that they are looks good. Yours is done well. If can suggest something I would add some dust on the rubber bands on road wheels. Looks bit to clean compared to the rest of the model. 

• Like 1

Hi Bernd. Nice to see you back with a build and what a great build it is too. Very impressive Stug III. :worthy:

I've got to do a Panzer Grey paint job on my current build so I will be using yours as inspiration. Very well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HL-10 said:

That's a lovely looking little Stug! :)

You've done a great job with the Panzer Grey fininish:goodjob:

Thanks mate, i am happy with the result single tone camos are difficult to make them look interesting.

It took some time the first result looked really blunt.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

I like it.  The weathering is just right, especially the treatment on the hull sides behind the tracks.  The brownish tones contrast perfectly with the overall gray.

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd, the brown color is indended to be the wooden deck for a warship, the Trumpeter HMS Warspite ( 1915 ) in 1:700.

Works also as dirt B)

18 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

It's a lll, so yes, I like it! Good job on the paint and weathering.

John.

Thanks John and yes StuGs are cool :) 

18 hours ago, Badder said:

Can't beat a III, unless it's with another III.

A fantastic short-gunned StuG, and as has been mentioned, a great job with the Pzr Grey.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thank you Badder, StuGs are really nice modelling subjects. The next one similar to a StiG III will be the SiG 33 from Dragon.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kris B said:

Yes, Pz.III's has something that they are looks good. Yours is done well. If can suggest something I would add some dust on the rubber bands on road wheels. Looks bit to clean compared to the rest of the model. 

Thank you Chris, that was also my thought while editing the photos. After the first layers of "dust" were on they became too brown so i repainted them too much in the other direction.

If that build will get some add ons like stowage, the degree of dirt will get more heavy.

15 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Bernd. Nice to see you back with a build and what a great build it is too. Very impressive Stug III. :worthy:

I've got to do a Panzer Grey paint job on my current build so I will be using yours as inspiration. Very well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks mate :)

Your coming PIII is a very nice kit, i am really looking Forward to see it.

For a streaky dirt pattern i have started to use a sponge when applying a wash. It came out quite nice but subtle on the front of the StuG.

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice build Bernd, are you taking a break from ship building?

Thank you Ozzy, yes and no. It was time to finish it and i am working on a Firefly Ic as well.

The Bismarck has a break, i am struggling a bit with the right color shade of the superstructure but Warspite ( Academy 1:350 in a 1943 fit ) and a Tamiya USS Missouri 1:350 had some progress.

14 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

Liking it great build all round Cheers.

Thank you very much, appreciated :)

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

It's a nice Stug, a few clean, but the work with Panzer Grey looks pretty, :goodjob:, cheers mate :yes:

Thank you Francis, some more dirt will come when i get some more stowage for it. A bare tank will look wrong depicted as a combat Veteran.

10 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Superb build Bernd,

Great restrained weathering.

Well done mate.

Cheers Greg 😀

Thanks mate :)

After all i got it done.

• Like 1