Canadian Pacific Britannia decals in 1/144

stevehnz

I've recently bought a Roden Britannia kit from 26decals with some Redcoat decals, but having once had a Dinky Canadian Pacific Britannia, I thought it would be fun to do one in that scheme too, yes, the Airliner bug appears to have bitten well. The Dinky CP Britannia had the early scheme with the red cheat line with white pin stripes, repeated as a horizontal band across the tail, not the later scheme with the upswept cheat line topped off by a goose (?) Classic-Airlines do the later scheme but looks as I have, I can't see any done in the earlier ones. Have there ever been any & are there any I've missed? To my eyes, its a more classic scheme than the later one & more importantly, closer to what Dinky did.

Steve.

i'm not particularly well up in Canadian liveries but Vintage Flyer decals have the DC-4 and DC-6B in the scheme to which you refer.  It might be worth dropping them an e-mail to see if they'd be willing to do the same scheme for the Britannia.  The worst that can happen is that they say no !

Update on this, I emailed Mike at Vintage Flyer decals, got a quick reply from him & he has said that he is looking to do a CP Britannia scheme next year. That should fit into my busy schedule no worries. :D I sent him this link to illustrate the scheme I was after, the same scheme as his CP DC-4 & -6B decals as Dave pointed out above. I'm somewhat excited about this. :) I can see another Britannia kit coming my way

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 2

This is one of those kits that will always be looking for more decal sheets as it had such a varied career for such a short production run. I  quite fancy a CP aircraft myself and will keep an eye out. Meanwhile, the first of my "production "run is being readied for roll out. ......

• Like 1

On 09/10/2017 at 5:18 AM, stevehnz said:

I sent him this link to illustrate the scheme

That is a lovely scheme! I was thinking of selling a 'surplus' Brit at Telford, but with the prospect of a decal sheet for CP,  I think I've changed my mind! 

Keith

• Like 1