On 24/10/2017 at 9:38 PM, Thud4444 said:

I really like that fence. 

Cheers.

10 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

lovely job coming along leaps and bound since I last checked in for a gander

superb - cant wait to see it all together

nice and different

Thanks you.

And tonight's work is a few very very weathered gundam parts and i have made a start on sculpting some sponge to make smoke effects to give the explosion on the tank a bit move movement.

20171025_220809

The fence looks ok for scale next to these parts i think.

20171025_223138

• Like 3

On 10/30/2017 at 10:38 AM, Hunter Rose said:

BOOM! Looking good Brian, like the paint job on the tank

Thanks I haven't touched this for the lost few days as I have been side tracked a little by making a start on a Star Wars project ( Mister Bones) while Im waiting for some new mini switches to turn up, but I must finish this before doing any more on Mister Bones.

Edited by rockpopandchips

Boom - I'll better that, or as Neil on the Young Ones would say "Boomshanker" !!

Looks bril - love the erupting turret

That £1 epoxy resin glue is a steal of a deal - I spent a small fortune on the Gorilla alternative which looks pretty much exactly the same and has a photo of my ex-mother in law on it.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

Boom - I'll better that, or as Neil on the Young Ones would say "Boomshanker" !!

Now that takes me back to many year......:D

Picked up the AB tonight and made a good start on colouring the ground. Not sure how to paint the bottom of the pond so will have a look on YT for some info next.

2017-11-02_07-11-42

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So not having the best weekend modeling. Made up the resin to poor in the pond today and it started out ok, this is what it looked like after about 2 mins.

20171112_105727

But then after anout 10mins and now it looks like this.

20171112_110137

Not much like water or pond water, if it stays like this after a few days i will paint over in some clear blue/smoke/green to give it more of a toxic dump and make a few barrels. Not what i wanted but you have to role with these things.

• Like 2

I think it looks OK, but if you want to change it you could repaint the surface and apply a very thin layer of the epoxy (or just gloss varnish, or acrylic medium) over the top?

Not sure what caused the bubbles, but it can help to warm the stuff beforehand to get it nice and runny.

The project as a whole is going great, I like the broken bits and the exploding tank has loads of animation :)

Will

• Like 1

On 13/11/2017 at 8:46 AM, Will Vale said:

The project as a whole is going great, I like the broken bits and the exploding tank has loads of animation :)

Cheers Will,

I changed to look of the pond so its a bit more of a chemical dump, i did attach the Zaku and the tank to the base as well so the only think left to do is the tree's.

20171118_16351420171118_163407

• Like 1

Well the rest if the dio looks like, just missing the trees i think and i might have make a toxic sign for the pond?

2017-11-19_10-48-09

18 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Yep, great pond/toxic dump.

Cheers Pete.

And a quick vid of the light effects, its not great but you can see whats going on.

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 4