This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sairou

Hobbyboss 1/35 M35 Mittlere Panzerwagen (ADGZ-Daimler)

Good to see you're pressing on with this. Have you managed to sort the censored decal issue yet?

Steve.

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Good to see you're pressing on with this. Have you managed to sort the censored decal issue yet?

Steve.

Well, I essentially got to the conclusion that other than a refund from the LHS, I didn't have any other options. However, the more I research this vehicle, and the more photos I find, the more I'm warming to making a different version.

The plan for this build at the moment it simply to get it built and primed, finding time to get the airbrush out isn't easy these days. I have my Renault UE to work on, anyway.

5W3xpB4.jpg

ODasDvi.jpgxe784rf.jpg

These photos in particular were interesting, these cars really did get dirty and dusty, replicating that will be a challenge.

I've been neglecting this thread, and forgot to take any more in-progress pics. However, soon, I will upload images of the painting process, if the weather (It was foggy all day here in Dorset) clears up so I can prime it tomorrow. 

My issues with this model, aside from the censored decals, are few. The grilles on the front and back were fiddly to get in- they definitely aren't straight, but you will not notice once it has been painted and weathered. Oh, and I have lost a door handle, which I'll probably fashion from a bit of stretched sprue at the end of the build, or simply leave it off.

Weathering! I want to create a dusty effect like in the photos I have posted, and it will probably be quite high-contrast, so I need to get a nice dark panzer grey colour, whilst making sure there is tonal variation, and that the paintwork is semi-gloss. I think the dust will be created with oils, and perhaps some pigments, but I am open to ideas when it comes to weathering.

Looking forward to seeing how this looks.

The camera lead has gone walkabouts, but I'll have some pictures up soon.

kvAqzcp.jpgK9p4WAS.jpgzUbp9VJ.jpg

MQemiER.jpg

Pictures as promised, however, they are only from a phone, so aren't amazing. Still a lot of work to do.

NfFPFsy.jpg

vKikFcy.jpg

Final pics for tonight- I always find this stage of painting to be the longest, all the tinkering and touching up. It's almost ready for an overall clear coat.

Looking good, though it really is a strange looking beast, gives it a sense of quirky interest though. :) 

Steve.

vaANchh.jpg

49pb14i.jpg

Some heavily thinned buff later...

Then, a gloss coat, followed by an overall pin wash and some scratches...

S6AFxXA.jpg

p9Ia6ke.jpg

bScxVL6.jpg

Next up is a final matte coat, then some oil and pigments to further weather the vehicle.

sJQY62P.jpg

5pbpPqN.jpg

Matte coat on, next I want to add some more grime and dirt with oils and pigments.

u4G9z9N.jpg

eu6b7Ar.jpg

PBqBJdC.jpg

9bnLtea.jpg

jo2pTAl.jpg

VVoAN5H.jpg

Some dirt effects were added with oils. This is now finished.

Top notch Sairou, top notch........excellent dusty look....... not too much, very convincing. 

Simon 

Edited by LONGSHANKS2966

Great job on this, it certainly has the look of something that has worked hard on the unmade roads of the day.

Steve.