Hobbyboss 1/35 M35 Mittlere Panzerwagen (ADGZ-Daimler)

Sairou

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Good to see you're pressing on with this. Have you managed to sort the censored decal issue yet?

Steve.

Well, I essentially got to the conclusion that other than a refund from the LHS, I didn't have any other options. However, the more I research this vehicle, and the more photos I find, the more I'm warming to making a different version.

The plan for this build at the moment it simply to get it built and primed, finding time to get the airbrush out isn't easy these days. I have my Renault UE to work on, anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been neglecting this thread, and forgot to take any more in-progress pics. However, soon, I will upload images of the painting process, if the weather (It was foggy all day here in Dorset) clears up so I can prime it tomorrow. 

My issues with this model, aside from the censored decals, are few. The grilles on the front and back were fiddly to get in- they definitely aren't straight, but you will not notice once it has been painted and weathered. Oh, and I have lost a door handle, which I'll probably fashion from a bit of stretched sprue at the end of the build, or simply leave it off.

Weathering! I want to create a dusty effect like in the photos I have posted, and it will probably be quite high-contrast, so I need to get a nice dark panzer grey colour, whilst making sure there is tonal variation, and that the paintwork is semi-gloss. I think the dust will be created with oils, and perhaps some pigments, but I am open to ideas when it comes to weathering.

• Like 1

NfFPFsy.jpg

vKikFcy.jpg

Final pics for tonight- I always find this stage of painting to be the longest, all the tinkering and touching up. It's almost ready for an overall clear coat.

• Like 2

Then, a gloss coat, followed by an overall pin wash and some scratches...

S6AFxXA.jpg

p9Ia6ke.jpg

bScxVL6.jpg

Next up is a final matte coat, then some oil and pigments to further weather the vehicle.

• Like 1