Gunze paint pigment disappeared

almac

Afternoon all. I've got a question regarding gunze mr hobby aqueous acrylics. I went to use a bottle of RLM 76 which was 3/4 full and hadn't been used in about a year and the pigment seemed to have vanished no matter how much I stirred it. The liquid in the bottle was a milky white colour with no trace of the blue /grey I was expecting. I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else or if anyone has any ideas as to why this occured.

Cheers Allan

Re the aqeous I don't know,but......
I bought a Mr Hobby / Mr Color lacquer in Phantom Grey for an Airwolf build that never happened and that went a similar way when I checked it recently, sort of milky grey white, I gave it a shake and it looked similar still bearing in mind i'd opened it only once when I bought it to check the colour by daubing a bit on some scrap styrene.
I opened the jar and gave it a very thorough stir and then recapped it and shook it for ages and it seems to have returned, almost like the pigments had been drawn to the middle of the jar rather than the bottom as you'd expect it to do.

Re the paint stirrers, look here on this very forum, this Ikea device will probably  rejuvenate your milky paint if anything can (it also reminds of the happy days the Our Glorious Leader used to take the time to personally insult me...too busy for that now I suppose). Using the lacquer replenisher on the aqueous paints can produce some amusing results as I found out when doing one of my "chemistry experiments", I have some interesting coloured balls of blu-tack like stuff...

allshookup.jpg

BTW I use nowt but Gunze (lacquer & aqueous) and pre -thin them like Mr Paint, here's what they look like before and after a vigorous shake, the milkiness is normal from what I can see.

A

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys for your input I've bought a coffee frother thing from ebay so I'll try it out when it arrives.

Cheers Allan

Thanks colin for you advice I got the gizmo in this morning so I'll give a go when I get time later this week.

Cheers Allan