Dragon Jagdpanther in the snow

Couldn't resist.  First snowfall in Southern Alberta yesterday so here's the Jagdpanther sitting in the snow, lots of crust and only -1C  this afternoon.  Yes it's real snow and lots of ice.vAW3Wc4.jpgjpcCA5s.jpgXssKR4H.jpg

yQr9o0j.jpg

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 12

Oh, a big branch broke off the tree in the back yard with all of the wet snow and dented the driver's door on my 2 month old Murano.  There goes the modelling budget for this month.

Rats........isn't that just handy?

Lloyd

• Sad 1

It's a Stug III Model C/D and since I don't know anything about Stugs I can't answer.  It came with a choice of a little short 75mm or this 75mm L48 so I chose the gun that made it look more like a tank destroyer rather than an infantry support unit.

The stubby little pipsqueak gun just didn't look right.

This is the first Stug I've ever built but I'd like to try a late version Stug IV someday with zimmerit.

Thanks for looking Bernd

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear about your automobile/truck/SUV/Pick-up/Station Wagon/snowmobile. I have  no idea what kind of vehicle a Murano is!:DI

As for your two model AFVs, well.... wow. Simply fantastic!

I like the fact that you can make out the 3 colour camo pattern under the whitewash on the Jagdpanther. Often with winter camo, the underlying camo is only visible in tiny patches and the actual colours tend to get overwhelmed.

And the StuG III. Even better if that's possible. Whitewash and on top a real frosty look to boot. I imagine it was like an ice-box in there, but maybe heat from the engines was fed in to the compartment somehow? I don't know. Maybe someone can confirm?

I have to say I think StuG III's are THE best of the breed. I love that forward position of the gun and fighting compartment. It looks very menacing. Meanwhile, StuG IVs with their central fighting compartment and 'pulled back' gun look a bit 'laid back' and stand offish. Nowhere near as nasty.

Anyway, great stuff.

Rearguards,

Badder

Badder

A Nissan Murano is a SUV.  Really pi$$es me off as it's only 2 month old with 3400kms on it and a big dent in the door.  The paint isn't scratched or chipped so maybe the dent can be pulled out,

sure hope so.

GD tree is coming down in the spring, that will teach it......

Thanks for the comments on the frozen models.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 1

John

It's -6C here this AM so I'm not playing in the snow today.  It's too abrupt as it was +22 or 23C on Saturday and I'm way too old for this winter crap.

Thanks for the comments, they do look better than sitting on a table.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 1

Plastix

Yes cool indeed, pun intended.  It's -6C here today and those poor buggers must be pretty chilly inside those steel boxes.

Thanks for looking.  

BTW when you finish the whitewash on your Panzer III how will you pose it in the snow in GB?  I'm eagerly watching how you brush the whitewash on that one.

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

I like the StugIII more, perhaps because of the colors, which camouflage more with the snow.

Around here, still above 30ºC,better put some DAK vehicle on the ground ...:tumble:lol

Cheers Lloyd :yes: 

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

Francis

Where are u that it is +30C?  It's pretty cool here, 11AM and still -4C with a high expected of +2C.  We got about 25cm of blowing snow with 60-70km winds on Monday so

power out all over the city and trees and branches down, one on my new vehicle which ticked me right off.

I'm way way too old for this winter stuff and hate it more every year but then this summer was +35C to +39C from early June until mid September and I bitched about that too.

Can't win, must be climate change, got to get Trump working on that, lol.

Lloyd

• Like 1

Thanks Chris

Got a repair estimate this AM and it shouldn't be too bad, they figure on pulling out the dent without having to paint.  I hope so as it's new and always tough to match paint.

If that 1/16 Jagdtiger ever comes in I won't be able to afford it this month, maybe a Christmas present to myself though.

Lloyd

On 4/10/2017 at 19:09, BlackMax12 said:

Francis

Where are u that it is +30C?  It's pretty cool here, 11AM and still -4C with a high expected of +2C.  We got about 25cm of blowing snow with 60-70km winds on Monday so

power out all over the city and trees and branches down, one on my new vehicle which ticked me right off.

I'm way way too old for this winter stuff and hate it more every year but then this summer was +35C to +39C from early June until mid September and I bitched about that too.

Can't win, must be climate change, got to get Trump working on that, lol.

Lloyd

It is not too bad the summer temperature there, between 35 and 39, looks like the one around here. The normal is 40º and in the city, you can see public thermometers with values of 45º and sometimes 47º / 48º, obviously in the house it is not so hot, but they do not go down from 29-30º, so AC or fan, because of sleeping ...
To me it's the same, but with the summer, it's a pain if you do not have a pool or beach (all the time ... lol), I'm not too old, but ... thankfully it's over already for this year , although still 28º in the house ...

Mr. Trump...:fight: 

By the way I live in Spain, Cordoba (maybe the province with more days of bestial heat a year ...):boom:

Cheers Lloyd