Hurricane Mk I 5 spoke wheels needed 1/32 scale

doorgunner

Hello, I am near completion of my Fly 1/32 Mk I Hurricane painted in finnish markings. The problem is that my example -along others- was equipped with 5 spoke wheels and the kit provides only 3 spoke ones.

Where I can find decent resin/plastic wheels ? What brand makes them in 32 scale with a good detail ?
TIA Ciao Maurizio

Maurizio  

the PCM early hurricane  kit came with both 4 and 5 spoke wheels,  so you may want to ask if some has those spare . 

alternately, the Spitfire used the same hubs,  i'm not up on 1/32nd spitfire kits, but  maybe the Tamiya kit has separate hubs,  a quick look suggest it has separate hubs,  if so the 5 spoke from that can be used.

31 minutes ago, doorgunner said:

the kit provides only 3 spoke ones

the only kit I know that has 3 spoke hubs is the Italeri.  As I have only ever seen a photo, once, of a warbird fitted with I don't where this idea came from..

If the Fly kit has 3 spoke that's worrying...

Hello and thank you so much for your kind replies. I digged in my spare box and found both Tamiya spitfire hubs and two 5 spoke wheels a bit larger than the spit ones. At this point what was the measurement for overall diameter and width of the wheel please ?

Maybe the ones I've found are ok !

3 hours ago, doorgunner said:

Hello and thank you so much for your kind replies. I digged in my spare box and found both Tamiya spitfire hubs and two 5 spoke wheels a bit larger than the spit ones. At this point what was the measurement for overall diameter and width of the wheel please ?

Maybe the ones I've found are ok !

I'd suggest you drill out the hubs in the Hurricane wheels, and  then add the 5 spoke hubs from the Spitfire.