New SW8 Resistance A-wing

Ive finally got some time to start this new "Build and play" Revell A-wing. 

ByWxu0H.jpg

Its going to need a lot of TLC so here it goes.

First I started off filling the empty parts of the guns with some 2 part resin.  Haven't quite decided on how to finish them off yet.

0XT5ho4.jpg

The canopy and windscreen are pretty milky looking so I tried to buff them up a bit with some 3M paste polish.  not much better.....

nGJkGVk.jpg

Added some landing gear doors and a few fastener indents.  I also thinned up the leading edge of the fuselage.  The way its made the front is very blunt and Id rather make mine quite a bit more streamlined or sharper.  Maybe not accurate but looks better to me.

iZZjcnZ.jpgwymwyxx.jpg

Id like if you guys  could suggest some paint schemes because I wont be duplicating the box art paint job.  Possibly a red striped scheme?

Thanks for looking

• Like 3

Nice progress. The base kit's definitely in need of some extra refinement. I'm not that keen on the new A-Wing design really. I think they've tried to copy the McQuarrie version too closely, which doesn't seem like a forward step from the original ROTJ A-Wing.

If you're looking for a different scheme, you could try a black and white version, along the lines of the Rogue One partisan X-Wing. I toyed with something like that for my Bandai A-Wing, after doing a black/white test scheme for an X-Wing build.

On a side note, it's interesting that they've shown a couple of B-Wings on the box art. Wonder if that means we'll see them in Ep 8. Having said that, they've also shown OT TIEs so it's probably just Revell being a bit dumb.

Andy:cat:

On 02/10/2017 at 10:50 PM, AndyRM101 said:

On a side note, it's interesting that they've shown a couple of B-Wings on the box art. Wonder if that means we'll see them in Ep 8. Having said that, they've also shown OT TIEs so it's probably just Revell being a bit dumb.

If you look at the latest trailer for the last jedi, you will indeed see some b-wings in there. 

About 1:30 in. Look likes a redesign of the b-wings to me. 

Matt

Edited by S5 modeller
Video added
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S5 modeller said:

On 02/10/2017 at 22:50, AndyRM101 said:

About 1:30 in. Look likes a redesign of the b-wings to me.

Hi Matt,

The ones in the trailer are Resistance Bombers which are a new design for the film, although there's clearly some B-Wing influence going on (and a bit of Falcon in the cockpit). It's one of the few new ships in the film that I actually quite like the looks of.

37498709236_1373a94374_b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...