Fire Department Eighth Air Force

I have to admit that I've never heard of 1/87th scale before, but that's a smart diorama with some nice details and 'set scenes'.

The photos are great too, with the camera angles and perspectives really bringing the diorama to life. Well done.

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

Thanks for you comments and likes, i really appreciate it :thumbsup:

On 2.10.2017 at 23:28, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Looks pretty good to me i hope i can find similar vehicles in 1/72 for my future build.

I always thought it would be much easier to find decent vehicles in 1/72 than in 1/87, but i am not quiet familiar with the 1/72 stuff

Cheers

Macki

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, Badder said:

I've never heard of 1/87th scale before

Its H0 scale, used for model trains and 00 scale is 1/76th You can "get away" with them with 1/72nd scale, a lot of trackside buildings,wills buildings and Ratio polysheets with bricks,corrugated iron etc. and vehicles are 1/76th ( 00). Obviously 00 scale is closer.

I've bought a few of the RAF Commer Karrier Bantams (flat tops and drop sides) by Base models, Oxford models are another company. There is a big range,several Body styles of Bedford TKs, RLs go and google Base Models or search on ebay. Prefer Base to Oxford though.

Heres an Oxford truck 1/76th

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxford-76AEC017-AEC-Matador-2nd-Batt-1433-1-76-OO-Diecast-Model-/382003177097?hash=item58f129e689

Edited by bzn20