Beaufighter Mk X

I'd convinced myself this was a Wellington until I checked in my cupboard this evening. Obviously it isn't and the single Matchbox kit in my stash is a Beaufighter Mk X. I'm a bit behind on other GBs at the minute but hopefully I can catch up during the longer winter nights and join in with this kit.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

The abandonment of the PE-2 elsewhere means I can make start. I’ve got as far as opening the somewhat battered box...

38996188732_cc3166a12e_b.jpg

Sedately toned three colour styrene

25161918808_94e4b6dea8_b.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

My GB experience last year taught me not to over complicate things and stick to OOB as far as possible. This fails to explain why the Airwaves PE set caught my eye just before Christmas. I had a bit of spare time today so I set to it and bent some PE, irritatingly I couldn’t find my thin CA until the sands of spare time ran out.

25606867158_6f0132aeed_b.jpg

39446357732_ce98abb679_b.jpg

• Like 7

I built the Beau with the etch brass for the Twin Radials GB, it needed some fettling and you can't see much of the rear compartment when it is sealed up! That said, the cockpit was massively improved by the details. Good luck with this, I do love a Beaufighter!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2018 at 12:34 PM, Franz75 said:

I'm looking forward to this one, keep going. 

Thanks for this and the other comments, I’m still plugging away at this. I doubt it will make the gallery even with the additional time but I think it will now be completed before the summer. I’ve put as much PE in as I reasonably can, the interior will be primed with Tamiya primer, a first for me, as I am now the possessor of a spray booth. One setback - I broke the pilot’s canopy trying to clean it, the Airwaves set provides an opportunity to rectify this though - watch this space. Photos should follow in the next day or so.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...